• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

first appointment!!

tigerfish

tigerfish

My first counselling session today!! I have been so frightened about it!! I have shed so many tears leading up to today even though I was unable to show this to the therapist because I don't trust her enough to show my weakness and vulnerability. The therapist was very nice, but still very scarey!! I am going to give it my best shot!! I do have one issue I need help to get to grips with is-am betraying anyone by going to talk about things that have happened in the past with certain people who have hurt me even though I am related to?? I have so much overwhelming guilt!! Does anyone have any wise words to help me, please?? It is really bugging me!! Worrying me!! :cry:

W

Waverunner

My first counselling session today!! I have been so frightened about it!! I have shed so many tears leading up to today even though I was unable to show this to the therapist because I don't trust her enough to show my weakness and vulnerability. The therapist was very nice, but still very scarey!! I am going to give it my best shot!! I do have one issue I need help to get to grips with is-am betraying anyone by going to talk about things that have happened in the past with certain people who have hurt me even though I am related to?? I have so much overwhelming guilt!! Does anyone have any wise words to help me, please?? It is really bugging me!! Worrying me!! :cry:
I had those same feelings of guilt around talking about people. It took me a long time to trust and share but I have since learnt that I need to help myself and the way to do that was to talk. I started slowly and come a long way since then. I also admit I still have a long way to go. Good luck with it though - it will be worth it.

Kerome

Kerome

I think the therapists chair is like a confessional, you can talk about anybody and anything without shame or fear, they will have heard it all before and is their job to hear difficult things and be there for you. I'd like to say they're supportive, but the one therapist I have interacted with has been distant rather than supportive. It takes time to learn to open up to that attitude, so don't expect too much all at once.

Best of luck with the therapy tigerfish!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Faith198 Talking Therapies 5