• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

finding work in the police force

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i tried to join the army at christmas, but it was a no go becuase i have astma.
i was just wondering if they have same regulations for the police force?
i really want to do somthin good with my life, i havent worked in 3 years though and getting worried if i`ll ever find a job for me and my famaly to be proud of.

D

Dollit

The fitness level for the Police are very high. You also have to pass psychological testing etc. Some one with a diagnosed mental health problem wouldn't necessarily be refused but would find it harder. The waiting list for recruitment in most forces is quite long so they are very choosy about who they pick. The fitness levels are the same for the PCSOs. Even volunteers with my local force have to reach a certain fitness level.

Desk based support staff are always in need and they do play an important role. You do need to have a minimum amount of GCSEs for any civilian role though.

Having said that there are lots of jobs that offer opportunities to put back into the community.

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i looked at desk work when i looked at the site, data imput becuase i just did a couple of IT courses.

thnks, i`m off on holiday to france in a few hours, carnt wait even won £50 on england wednesday for spends a the airport.:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6