• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

finding things hard

W

welshgirl

Sorry I haven't been on here awhile I have been dealing with a lot of things, my counselling is going well, my meds seem to be helping. The memories of the abuse I suffered when I was a child is killing me at the moment. I am finding it hard to keep it together for my family. The anxiety is calming but the depression, the horrible thoughts are getting worst. I don't want it to the stage that is was before as I tried to take my own life. I really trying hard here. Sorry you got my rant, when I haven't been on here for awhile but I have no on else to let it out to.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

You can come here to rant - don't apologise or anything like that.
You're free to come and go and post as you please. :hug1:

I'm glad that meds and counselling seem to be going well for you.
Are you discussing the child abuse at counselling? Just wondering if that's what's bringing all of this back up for you.
Or are there other things going on that you are finding triggering? I guess it's very difficult given the fact that these sorts of subjects seem to be in the news a lot of the time.

It's really difficult when you've experienced trauma to get it out of your head - I know that one.

Aside from the counselling, are you seeing a doctor at all?
It might be a good idea to make them aware of what's going on.
Whilst you say that you're not at that point of wanting to take your own life yet, if that ever changes, you must talk to your doctor right away. It would be tragic for you to have come so far only for things to end.

All I can really suggest is the usual stuff of practising relaxation and distraction. Have you explored or found anything that works for you?