Finding right treatment and a good doctor

S

ScottishTally

Struggled with mood all my life real extremes
From long periods of utter hopelessness to periods of positivity , finding it increasingly more difficult to feel any fun or enjoyment out of life ,just not getting anything out things i used to enjoy , im just going through the motions so to speak.

Been off work 4 times in the last 6 monts , been to docs several times all they have dont is put me on sertraline 50mg then upped it to 100mg .
Went back to doctors today as things are not improving, i still find it hard talking about how i feel ,the doctor i saw today was useless seems totally un interested didnt ask me questions just again wanted to up dose to 150mg, im so frustrated as all i want to do is get the most out of life but finding it difficult to get access to services , i insisted today to be refered to the mental health team.
Im off work i want to get back as fear of losing my job is on my mind.

I have spoken to management but for obvious reasons dont feel i could or should open up fully.

Anyway glad i found this forum .

Let me introduce myself ..im Willie 47 from central Scotland.

Thanks

C

claude

:welcome: willie! Sorry the doctors have been no use, keep pushing for help. Maybe a diff antidepressant is worth a shot, sertraline didn't help me at all. Glad to have you with us!

S

ScottishTally

Thank you Claude, all sertraline has done is stop me losing my temper as much,the negative thoughts and periods of positivety and itter despair are still there.
Really bad anxiety attacks as well and my body aches ,also lost a good but of wait.
Just so diappointed in doctor this morn ,omg there people worse than me i hope they never get him ...
Have a great day Claude

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

:welcome: to the forum. I am struggling to find a psychiatrist I trust. I see my psychiatrist in less than 2 hours too. :panic: I hope we both find good psychiatrists. :hug:

R

Randomcrisis

Thank you Claude, all sertraline has done is stop me losing my temper as much,the negative thoughts and periods of positivety and itter despair are still there.
Really bad anxiety attacks as well and my body aches ,also lost a good but of wait.
Just so diappointed in doctor this morn ,omg there people worse than me i hope they never get him ...
Have a great day Claude
May be time to try different medication, Sertraline works for me but many it doesn't. Has your doctor recommended any other resources? In the southside of Glasgow there is Wellbeing - you can download videos and booklets but I think you need to live in the area to attend meetings and so on. But there may be a similar resource in your area.