• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Finding parallels

S

saltandpepper

Apothesis,

You never answered my earlier post to you
regarding this mess that we're all in. Well, I was
thinking that we might find some parallels.

Have you ever seen them plain as day, as I have,
physical cloud-like spirits and also the astrals,
appearing like transparent humans? Ever seen
parallel dimensions, two rooms layered together?
While awake?

Sal

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Apotheosis

You never answered my earlier post to you
regarding this mess that we're all in. Well, I was
thinking that we might find some parallels.
Could you remind me of the context please - Do you mean a mess in the sense of systemic eco-system collapse, environmental destabilisation, economic melt down, over population, & all the other practical difficulties facing humanity collectively?

While awake?

Sal
I have certainly experienced some very altered states; & I think that some of those experiences could be classed as having seen aspects of the multi dimensional nature of reality. I saw what I believe was a spirit as a kid. I've had some weird experiences of drugs. The main thing I would say that I experience is a heightened sensitivity to peoples emotions, & the 'feelings' of places.

parker

parker

While awake?

Sal
I've seen many strange things like this and have had something manifesting strong enough even for my wife to see. But i think a paranormal / psychic defense forum is better suited for this.

S

saltandpepper

Parker AND Apo,

@Apo,
The mess we're in, I was referring to hateful negative voices, and I was wondering why you had said that you refer to them as a part of yourself. Did you guys come to some kind of understanding?

I refer to them as "the supersession", which literally takes me out as far as creativity and individuality; which would make any kind of agreement virtually impossible. I see them as "the supersession", and I didn't get this out of any faith, though theology does confirm, uses the word "devourers". They are basically living in our place. Literally. We're reduced to sockpuppets, and none the wise.

@Parker,
Not really interested in psychic self defense. Is it that we are seeing from their eyes when seeing the dimensions? I now keep a baseball bat beside my bed (Batman) ;)

Regards,
Sal

parker

parker

@Parker,
Not really interested in psychic self defense. Is it that we are seeing from their eyes when seeing the dimensions? I now keep a baseball bat beside my bed (Batman) ;)
Well prayers, throaty exorcism tapes, metals, stones astral projection, ect... is psychic self defense

A

Apotheosis

@Apo,
The mess we're in, I was referring to hateful negative voices, and I was wondering why you had said that you refer to them as a part of yourself. Did you guys come to some kind of understanding?
I have heard 'voices' - as dismembered voices in my head, & as if someone is speaking directly to me. I have heard family members, an angelic voice, & other things & people - Those experiences haven't been the primary thing that I have experienced however.

What has been far more in my experience; has been very severely altered states of consciousness; & what orthodox medicine would describe as severe delusions.

As things stand - I do feel that I have resolved & dealt with a lot of things. At the exclusion of more comprehensive psychological help & social support - I do find that a low dose of one med; does help to take the edge off things.

I think that there needs to be some definition about what the 'voices' actually are as well - I mean as in how they are experienced. It is, for me, more like intrusive thoughts. But also I have good voices, & good thought influences too. I'd go with the idea that we have Spirit Guides.

Maybe some of the 'voices' are spirits that haven't moved on from the Astral - lost souls in a way; I think that they do find their way home. I'd also say that there are mischievous spirits as well - but don't, imo, think that there is any such things as demonic energies . I used to think that there was a Devil & Demonic energies - But I changed in my perspectives & understandings. I realised how very powerful the mind can be in what it creates & in how it perceives -

The idea of the 'Shadow' in Jungian psychology is a powerful one - & I'd wager that there is a lot of Karmic influences - as well as certain factors caused by connections & imbalances with Spirit. The circuits in the mind can blow if there is too much of a connection with or influx of Spirit or Spiritual experience (many other factors can also cause blown circuits). - This is very well documented with certain spiritual practises & experiences of spiritual development.

If people are experiencing - what they perceive (very believably) to be devilment & demonic; I personally think that rather; the truth of such experiences is an 'illness'; a sickness of the mind - but one that can be correlated with spiritual emergency & emergence.

I refer to them as "the supersession", which literally takes me out as far as creativity and individuality; which would make any kind of agreement virtually impossible. I see them as "the supersession", and I didn't get this out of any faith, though theology does confirm, uses the word "devourers". They are basically living in our place. Literally. We're reduced to sockpuppets, and none the wise.
I'm unfamiliar with the term 'supersession'? Can you elaborate further? Do you mean that you see the 'supersession' as demonic energies? Evil Demonic Energies from the Astral or Spiritual Plane? - Orchestrated by the Devil?

This must all be very scary for you. Do you see any personal solution to all this? For yourself?

S

saltandpepper

Hi,

Supersession is "superceded", same as possessed, owned. Hijacked!
Spirit filled humanity now living spirit's life/agenda/nature/instinct, not ours.
No mind of our own, puppets on a string.

Satan and demons, well, it's only common sense that underdeveloped
primate crude criminal entities might be labeled as demons. Entities who rebel
or reject common sense morality and virtues. Self imposed perdition, purgatory
(fallen), until they can get their act together, join the decent folk, respectful society.
Living in their own self-imposed hell, stuck in their own box. Career Criminals...

Regards,
Sal

parker

parker

Maybe some of the 'voices' are spirits that haven't moved on from the Astral - lost souls in a way; I think that they do find their way home. I'd also say that there are mischievous spirits as well - but don't, imo, think that there is any such things as demonic energies . I used to think that there was a Devil & Demonic energies - But I changed in my perspectives & understandings. I realised how very powerful the mind can be in what it creates & in how it perceives -
This is why i'm hear, because i'm missing something. I've dam near have my voice gone, but need that little push. whether a pill would help (never went the pill route because always believed it would weaken me)(both me and wife argeed on this) but i did something to my mind with all the meth use, i just can't figure how to close that door.

A

Apotheosis

This is why i'm hear, because i'm missing something. I've dam near have my voice gone, but need that little push. whether a pill would help (never went the pill route because always believed it would weaken me)(both me and wife argeed on this) but i did something to my mind with all the meth use, i just can't figure how to close that door.
Perspectives -

You may find it helpful to Google - 'spirit possession cured by medication'

http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2005/04/classic_case_psychi.html

1994 a curious case-report was published in the British Journal of Psychiatry. It described a man who believed he was possessed by a spirit and was successfully treated by medication. Unusually however, the article mentioned that other people had seen the ghost.

Belief in possession is not uncommon in psychosis, the mental state that can sometimes accompany severe mental illness and typically involves delusions and hallucinations.

Psychiatry usually assumes all such experiences to be tricks of the mind, rather than the result of other-worldly powers.

The case-report by Anthony Hale and Narsimha Pinninti (summary) is almost unique however, in that it suggests that the authors are unsure whether the possession was mental illness or spiritual intervention.

As well as making for a gripping read, it reveals some of the assumptions and difficulties of contemporary psychiatry.

We were disturbed by a telephone call from the prison chaplain who described seeing the ghost possess the patient in prison, seeing a descending cloud and an impression of a face alarmingly like a description of the dead woman given to us by the patient, of which the chaplain denied prior knowledge. Similar reports came from frightened cellmates. He and our hospital chaplain concurred on genuine possession. This is an acceptable belief within pastoral counselling (Issacs, 1987).

Western medical belief systems led us to a differential diagnosis of dissociative state or paranoid schizophrenia. However, we were conscious that the beliefs of at least four priests from three different religions cast doubt on the delusional nature of the phenomena.

Exorcism having failed, we prescribed trifluoperazine (4mg daily) producing apparent remission. Following return to remand prison, he was commenced on a depot neuroleptic, zuclopenthixol decanoate, remaing in remission 12 weeks later following hospital transfer.
I am not saying that your possessed - far from it. I can also relate to the opening of doors in the mind due to drug usage. I've had a great struggle with psychiatry & prescribed meds - but I do have a lot more acceptance of these issues today.

I can't speak as to what definitely is going on here, or has gone on - in relation to what I've personally experienced. I see these things in terms of different levels or perspectives - Loosely categorised as Physical (Biological) - Psychological & Spiritual. With many sub categories in each. If I'm looking at an Earthed perspective - then I can see that certain Trauma's, & aspects of upbringing, family situations & inter-personal relationships, as well as life experiences; lead to a certain amount of mental & emotional pain - I took street drugs & drink primarily to deal with that pain; & that in turn exasperated 'psychosis' - & my recovery & healing path is in relaxing & letting go of the past & the pain. & of accepting certain biological predispositions, organic brain functioning, & genetic factors in these experiences (which I don't class however as primary cause).

I can also go into more psychological explanations that cross over into more spiritual perspectives. Examples like - there being a deep rooted need for change in the pre-psychotic personality - an overwhelming of the conscious mind by the content of the unconscious - the emergence of the shadow ect ect ect.

On spiritual interpretations - I can look at things as spiritual imbalances - of needing to draw in negativity to remain grounded in the physical - to process karmic influences & issues ect.

I don't think that any one factor or perspective is either at sole cause - or can be used as sole explanation - in fact no explanation or combination of explanations can be used to prove anything. What we are left with is largely mysterious - no one really knows. I sometimes question whether I would have been worse off if I'd never taken street drugs?

Where my focus is - is on what the solutions are. I have to accept; & given present society, circumstances & the World in which we live - that there are no apparent definite solutions - part of learning to cope is in accepting & acknowledging that I/We have these 'conditions' & experiences. But there are many things that have helped me to cope better with things, & to increase my well being. The list is long - reducing stress, relaxation, mindfulness, meditation, good diet & food, exercise, talking with people, safe environments, reading up on the subjects of MH recovery, 12 step recovery, developing a personal spirituality, alternative & holistic healers, friends & family, - you get the idea - Whether someone is unwell or not - there are very well known things that can benefit peoples well being, & we all have the same needs.

I also have to accept that prescribed medication, has for me played a part, given my circumstances & history, in helping me to have a certain quality of life.

I don't take the tablets for the reasons that the Doctor prescribes them. I have my own reasons. At the exclusion of proper psychological help & comprehensive social support - The tablets do stop me from disappearing completely through the Door of my Mind into a totally subjective psychotic Universe. & for that - these days - I am grateful.

Things should be your personal choice. if I could heal & function without meds then I would love to.

I hope that some of that may be of some help.

A

Apotheosis

i just can't figure how to close that door.
Of some of things that I've helped to 'close myself down' are -

Eating 'heavy' meals; stews, hearty breakfasts ect. Eat plenty of fresh fruit & veg - avoid processed foods.

Don't take street drugs - cut down on stimulants; try to not smoke too much or take too much caffeine - or cut out completely.

Basic meditation & breathing exercises. Grounding meditations.

Being around nature - walking bare foot.

Personally I have found Reiki healing to have been beneficial & other alternative & holistic practises; just recently attending Shamanic Gatherings has been a help.

Doing things to distract & to take my mind off things - reading simple stuff; watching run of the mill films & TV - listening to relaxing music. Playing Video computer games.

Being in the company of down to earth people - & talking about my experiences. Often having a laugh at myself.

Does any of that help?

S

saltandpepper

Guys,

I agree that there are lost souls, but there is also "the rebellion". Parker, it's the rebellion which refuses to close that door for you. Every disturbance is revelry, riot, activism. We're being held hostage.

My 25yr son is now running with that crowd, and has basically told me to fk off. He's lost like 60 pounds...

Sal

parker

parker

Being around nature - walking bare foot.

Doing things to distract & to take my mind off things - reading simple stuff; watching run of the mill films & TV - listening to relaxing music. Playing Video computer games.

Being in the company of down to earth people - & talking about my experiences. Often having a laugh at myself.

Does any of that help?
Hunting is my passion (i live to hunt elk) I fish a lot. thats one place the voice's go silent is being in a boat out on the river.(mainly fish for sturgeon on the Columbia river) One of my hobbies is cutting firewood, me and my oldman usually cut around 30 cord a year to burn ourselves and sell some.

My life is on track, have a good job great pay, have a awesome wife of 21yrs a daughter thats 15 and pretty much a 4.0 student, a 13yr old boy thats turning out to be one hell of a football player.

A

Apotheosis

Hunting is my passion (i live to hunt elk) I fish a lot. thats one place the voice's go silent is being in a boat out on the river.(mainly fish for sturgeon on the Columbia river) One of my hobbies is cutting firewood, me and my oldman usually cut around 30 cord a year to burn ourselves and sell some.

My life is on track, have a good job great pay, have a awesome wife of 21yrs a daughter thats 15 and pretty much a 4.0 student, a 13yr old boy thats turning out to be one hell of a football player.
I'm glad that you have good things going on, & good people in your life. Your life sounds far more together than I think mine will ever be.

T

terri

Guys,

I agree that there are lost souls, but there is also "the rebellion". Parker, it's the rebellion which refuses to close that door for you. Every disturbance is revelry, riot, activism. We're being held hostage.

My 25yr son is now running with that crowd, and has basically told me to fk off. He's lost like 60 pounds...

Sal
How is he Sal?

Gotta go, take care and do reply through email and my new email address is as follows for anyone who wants to get in touch.

[email protected] n so we can go on and move more away from the rebellion and star as our own lives and take care of someone who needs it so much more than me for heading so full zon for a nervous breakdown if he does not stop it now and i can't figure that well around here so must just close down.

so lots of love for you all

terri isms