• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Finding Out Which Bloodline My Mental Health May Come From Through Ancestry

J

Jonathan1990

I been doing ancestry and have found out which bloodline it's obvious my mental health is from. After tracing the family back I found records that are very messed up with a great grandma on mum's side. There are no records online showing who her Dad was (my 2nd great granddad and my granddad's maternal granddad). My 2nd great grandma's mum (my 3rd great grandma) had 15 kids with her mum's younger brother meaning my 4th great grandparents in that part are also my 5th greats and my granddad had 14 aunts and uncles on his mum's side. My Granddad also remembers (possibly a 2nd great auntie with me) getting taken to a mental institute when he was little. I too have a cousin with severe learning difficulties who's also connected with that line.

E

Elisante

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I tried to build my family tree and I figured out that my maternal great grandfather and great grandmother were cousins and my maternal grandpa and grandma were second cousins. I don't know if it has an effect on mental health.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I tried to build my family tree and I figured out that my maternal great grandfather and great grandmother were cousins and my maternal grandpa and grandma were second cousins. I don't know if it has an effect on mental health.
Where I live it’s still legal to marry your cousin...

P

Purpleplum

Fortunately...and unfortunately...I didn't have to do ancestry to figure it out. 🤔