• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Finding love on the net-does it happen??

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I'm curious. Is it possible to find love on the internet on social networking sites for example. Or is it a state of mind? I would love to share experiences on this as I feel it's happened to me. Just need to know if it's in my head or not.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
It's a place to meet and start to get to know someone so there's no reason why it can't happen. It has its risks though especially if you are in a vulnerable state.
Good luck. KP

A

Anne1971

Founding Member
I will tread carefully
I found it with my other half, as has been said, its only the start, a beginning. Ok so me and my oh are splitting but we have been together 7 years which is more than some, less than others both normal way of meeting and on the internet. I don't think that the internet has had anything to do with us splitting up and if it hadn't been for the internet we would never have met. And I never regret these 7 years and in my way I still do love him but more as the best of friends.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Its nice to know that someone did meet on the net. Sorry to hear you are splitting up. I myself am married but in all honesty it hasn't been good for several years and I feel the need to move on. I met this lady on a social networking sight and we have hit it off immediately. She lives a long way away although still in the UK, I just hope it can work out for us.

A

Anne1971

Founding Member
Its nice to know that someone did meet on the net. Sorry to hear you are splitting up. I myself am married but in all honesty it hasn't been good for several years and I feel the need to move on. I met this lady on a social networking sight and we have hit it off immediately. She lives a long way away although still in the UK, I just hope it can work out for us.
long dstance is always a strain, I lived in leeds and oh in birmingham so meeting up was a bit of a bugger. I ended up moving in with him, I had nothing to lose where I was and everything to gain. Like I said I don't regret anything and if I had to do it again I would do the same. Just because I am splitting up I think is just what would have happened if we had met normally. Its time for me and my oh half to move on. We don't get mant chances to find love but if u do I say go for it, even if it its only for a few years its a few years you wouldn't have if you didn't go for it.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I'm curious. Is it possible to find love on the internet on social networking sites for example. Or is it a state of mind? I would love to share experiences on this as I feel it's happened to me. Just need to know if it's in my head or not.
With the internet being the way we work these days ( so to speak ) , i believe it is possible , i have friends who have done it and are happy :).
As long as you are sensible any thing is possible .

Goodluck (y)

Aahbut

Aahbut

You are as likely to meet someone on line as you are in a bus queue, it's just another place.

lucid scream

lucid scream

my lil sister has been happily married for years to a man she met on a dating site.
she met her first husband in a bar. it was a disaster. a year in, and she found out he was a cross dressing, selfish, abusive punk.

always amazes me how so many people think they'll find mr. or mrs. right sitting drunk at a bar.

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
Going to have to wear Protection when I come on this site - wouldn't want any accidents...:p

Aahbut

Aahbut

I met my now 'ex' online, it worked fine for 5 years, then I got depression and just walked away with not so much as a second thought. Apparently that's not normal, I must be weird. :LOL:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I met my now 'ex' online, it worked fine for 5 years, then I got depression and just walked away with not so much as a second thought. Apparently that's not normal, I must be weird. :LOL:

:rofl2: ..... what you like :)

J

jamesdean

i think whots important its not where u find love its that u find love n if that loves makes u happy & u feel comfortable within that love

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J People 2
M People 7
Linda1989 People 4
L People 27
5 People 8