Finding life tough

Imp66

Imp66

I've done stupid stuff before that I've lied about to my partner. Now it's coming back to haunt me. And he always says I should be honest with him.
My question is do I lie and tell him what he thinks already of me just to stop this.
Or be honest and disappointment him cos he believes that's not the truth? This has got me to point where I cannot take anymore 😢

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
This is a difficult one and you have to way up the pros and cons of what you say.
Will it achieve anything by telling him the truth or is it just to salve your conscience.
Can you continue living a lie.
Personally I think it comes down to what you have done, was it so bad that if he had done it you wouldn't be able to forgive him? I think most things can be forgiven if you’ve learned from them.

Imp66

Imp66

I'm being accused of sleeping with another person. The truth has been told over and over again. But my partner refuses to accept it as its not what he thinks happened.
He asked for my honesty. I gave him it. But i think he would be happier if I lied to him and told him What he wanted to hear even if it was a lie. I dont want to lie to him cos that would be another lie. And more grief. It's getting to me so bad. That I'm struggling to cope now. I feel im in an impossible situation

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think you have to stick to the truth for this. Do you know who’s telling him the lies and why. I don’t know how long you’ve been with him or how serious your relationship is but I would tell him either he accepts the truth or you move on.

Imp66

Imp66

Its serious relationship. Theres been alot happen that we have both struggled with and have ended up in a not so good way. One being turning to alcohol the other struggling to open up, along with depression and mourning parent deaths among other things. I lied to him previously over something but have admitted my mistake and told him y I did so. So I get why he is not believing me. Your right, its honestly even if means loosing him.

Imp66

Imp66

I was honest with him. Stuck with the truth. And he has accepted it (I think). I asked he about my dilemma, what would he do. I think that gave him something to think about. Sadly I do not believe this will be the last I hear of it xx