• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Finding life extremely overwhelming right now

S

skyblue

Although I do have a partner, I hardly ever see him, he works very long hours. I get to see him when he's back from work usually around 9pm these days and then I hardly get any time to talk to him, because he's so tired and often falls asleep not long after.

I know it's not his fault and I can't blame him, only I'm really struggling with everyday life. I'm just so, so exhausted, I feel at times I'm going to collapse because I keep getting dizzy spells.
I don't mean to moan or anything, but I just need to get this out.

I feel like a single mum to two children. You know what kids are like, very demanding and hard work. I love them both dearly, but I'm finding everything so hard. I drive the kids to school 6miles away and pick them up, the chores, cooking, cleaning, keeping up todate with their schooling and h/wk, keeping the home running etc,..it's just all wearing me down.

I can't take time out, because there is nobody that could look after the kids even just for a short time.

My partners going away for a week's mountain biking holiday soon with his mates, which is brilliant for him and I'm happy for him to do this, as he works extremely hard and needs that break. Only, I'm going to be left alone even more so. I just feel so alone with all this.

Being a parent is the hardest job in the world and I feel like I'm not coping. I'm 34, but I feel so old, like an old lady right now, just so, so tired. :( Surely, I'm not the only mum that feels this way ?

Last edited:
M

mad as a hatter

i,m not a mum but i just wanted 2 say i,m sorry ur feeling this way maybe u need 2 talk ur partner cause maybe he doesn,t realise ur feeling so bad u need some support right now

megirl

megirl

Sorry to hear you are struggling at present. Life is hard. Do you have someone you can talk to? Or maybe you need to talk to your partner about how you are struggling at present maybe you need to spend some quality time together.
Also maybe do something nice for yourself and treat yourself eg. have a nice warm bath, or go out for a coffee, etc

M

mickeymoo

Your not alone, I feel the same way. I just want to escape from it all but can't. Being a parent is never ending, you can just never switch off. Don't really know what to say, other than just hang in there. You can message me whenever you like because I do understand what you feel. Whereabouts do you live?

Take care
x

T

TOONAFISH

Sky first of all, want to send you a hug. I know exactly how you feel. Its like if you stop doing what your doing and take a break you never catch up with everything that needs done. I used to be the same as you and never got a minute but since gettin out of hosp Ray has been totally differnt and knows when i need time out.

If you had to go into hosp who would take care of the kids?? Would he have to take time off work? Or would it be relatives and friends? Whoever it would be , you need to put yourself first and ask for help. You need to do this for your mental well being.

I know it is hard to say look im going under here but it is soo important to get time out on a regular basis.

It doesnt help when you are feeling a bit down either does it.

Are the kids at school? If so, just put the chores aside and do some yoga or pilates, or go for a swim, i know you like your excercise.

Thinking of you and hoping you can get throo this tough time