finding it hard getting over stuff thats happened in the past

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

hey peeps im ive been struggling for many years to get over stuff that has happened years ago but im failing and the more i think about it all the more i want to kill myself, its just like a vicious cycle

so how do i overcome it and get over it?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I forgave my past, that has helped me. Also counselling really helped.
I've made mistakes that were badly affecting me, I look to my future now.
Hope you'll be okay.
Take care

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Hi,
I forgave my past, that has helped me. Also counselling really helped.
I've made mistakes that were badly affecting me, I look to my future now.
Hope you'll be okay.
Take care
how can i forgive my past? i really finding it hard too

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

how can i forgive my past? i really finding it hard too
Hi,
I just told myself to let go of the past, as I can't change anything now.
I try to be more positive and look to my future.
Take care

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Hi,
I just told myself to let go of the past, as I can't change anything now.
I try to be more positive and look to my future.
Take care
ill have to try and tell myself to let go like you did, just hope it works...

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I guess it depends what’s in your past.

The certain things in my past I can’t let go of. Certain things I can.

But I try and move on. Try to do my best for people for example even though I’ve wronged people in the past.

Life’s a learning curve, things that have happened, well they sort of make you the person you are today. If you’ve made mistakes just learn from them and move on.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I guess it depends what’s in your past.

The certain things in my past I can’t let go of. Certain things I can.

But I try and move on. Try to do my best for people for example even though I’ve wronged people in the past.

Life’s a learning curve, things that have happened, well they sort of make you the person you are today. If you’ve made mistakes just learn from them and move on.
youre right life is a learning curve and we learn from our mistakes the most

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m sure you’re not a bad person soulsearcher.

There are certain things I can’t reconcile to, the loss of my mom and a relationship breakdown.

But the past will just hold you back and stop you being the person you can be and that’s no good for all.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I’m sure you’re not a bad person soulsearcher.

There are certain things I can’t reconcile to, the loss of my mom and a relationship breakdown.

But the past will just hold you back and stop you being the person you can be and that’s no good for all.
yea youre right i need try and get over it,
thing is it makes me feel suicidal

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Been there re suicide soulsearcher.

It’s really not the answer though is it, you know in your heart I’m right, reconcile yourself to what’s happened and be a better person for it.

What has happened may always define you, but regardless of what has happened or what you have done, try and make it for the better.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Been there re suicide soulsearcher.

It’s really not the answer though is it, you know in your heart I’m right, reconcile yourself to what’s happened and be a better person for it.

What has happened may always define you, but regardless of what has happened or what you have done, try and make it for the better.
youre right if these things didnt happen i wouldnt be the person i am today

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Exactly soulsearcher

If you do sweet FA in life, life has come up smelling of roses, you ain’t learned sweet FA.

Can’t say what I’ve learned in life has done me much good, can’t get out of bed, but at least I didn’t go for the cushy number and just plod along.

I’ve made mistakes, done things I regret, but the heart is good.

Try and be the person from this point on you can be. It will not only be best for you, but be best for those around you.

Easier said than done, I’ve given up, but I’m 49 now, it’s time for a bit of peace and R&R, I went down fighting, boy did I go down fighting.

Terrible things happen in life, far more has beset many people than what’s happened to me and you, I’ve been through a lot, my mind has been to places most peoples haven’t and people have done things to me that shouldn’t have happened. But it’s nothing to say life in the nazi death camps or fighting in a trench in world war 1. To these people I’ve had a cushy number. To certainly billions I’ve had a cushy number.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Exactly soulsearcher

If you do sweet FA in life, life has come up smelling of roses, you ain’t learned sweet FA.

Can’t say what I’ve learned in life has done me much good, can’t get out of bed, but at least I didn’t go for the cushy number and just plod along.

I’ve made mistakes, done things I regret, but the heart is good.

Try and be the person from this point on you can be. It will not only be best for you, but be best for those around you.

Easier said than done, I’ve given up, but I’m 49 now, it’s time for a bit of peace and R&R, I went down fighting, boy did I go down fighting.

Terrible things happen in life, far more has beset many people than what’s happened to me and you, I’ve been through a lot, my mind has been to places most peoples haven’t and people have done things to me that shouldn’t have happened. But it’s nothing to say life in the nazi death camps or fighting in a trench in world war 1. To these people I’ve had a cushy number. To certainly billions I’ve had a cushy number.
thanks for trying to make me see some sense

M

Mr Ploppy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I’m sorry to play the ‘there are people worst off than you in life card’ because it doesn’t quite work.

I don’t know you, your personal circumstances, what you’ve been through, what you’ve done.
Only you will ever know this and have to reconcile yourself to it.

But let me tell you, I’ve done suicide, cost me 4 months on a mental health ward, and I’m now physically scared for life, saying that I was under deep psychosis, it was less of a conscious desision. I actually thought the police of all people were trying to kill me no less (long story).

It’s simply not the answer and never should be and I doubt that there is a rational person alive that would want you to do it regardless of what’s happened or what you’ve done:

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I’m sorry to play the ‘there are people worst off than you in life card’ because it doesn’t quite work.

I don’t know you, your personal circumstances, what you’ve been through, what you’ve done.
Only you will ever know this and have to reconcile yourself to it.

But let me tell you, I’ve done suicide, cost me 4 months on a mental health ward, and I’m now physically scared for life, saying that I was under deep psychosis, it was less of a conscious desision. I actually thought the police of all people were trying to kill me no less (long story).

It’s simply not the answer and never should be and I doubt that there is a rational person alive that would want you to do it regardless of what’s happened or what you’ve done:
yea true say

sorry to hear that you had to spend time in a mental health ward because of your suicide attempt