• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Find it hard to deal with certain peoples opinions

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I get quite impulsive and emotional. Mainly angry and my mind starts thinking of all sorts of critical things. One day I hope to overcome this issue.

Anyone else experience the same or similar thing?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes, i am still waiting for CBT in the hope it will stabilise me a little

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get quite impulsive and emotional. Mainly angry and my mind starts thinking of all sorts of critical things. One day I hope to overcome this issue.

As Tony the Tiger would say.

Oooooohhhhh yes!

CBT has helped me with my reaction to these emotions though.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i think most people find it hard to deal with people have have different opinions that you on subjects you are passionate about or do you mean you automatically don't like certain people's opinions because you don't like them. I think some people are the son/daughter of the devil and have no idea how other people can not see it.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

For me it's both. The thing is, i'm not talking about anyone on this forum. I get along great with everyone. And people from all walks of life are on this forum.

It's more to do with certain individuals in my life. But anyways i'll overcome it in time.

nonotme

nonotme

I have been through years and years of this, I would over react for no reason if anyone would disagree with me.

I have got better but still no brilliant, I still avoid other human's as much as I can.

nonotme

nonotme

yes, i am still waiting for CBT in the hope it will stabilise me a little

I got asked to leave a CBT group session because of my views, I was off on an episode at the time but I must have been raving mad that day. I'd gone all raciest on everyone...

katya

katya

I struggle with this a lot. I used to live with people who were very unkind to me and I knew they had awful opinions about me. I used to argue with them in my head.

Try to embrace people having different opinions, though - just do what you think is right for you, and try to tell everyone else to fuck off. It's the only way to do it because you can't please everyone. :)

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm the same, I have arguments in my mind or my mind takes me to where i'm debating with the certain individual.

In the last year or two, i've come to understand that my brain/mind has a mind of it's own :scratcheshead: