• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Finally

K

kc1

So i have been struggling with mental health for around 10 years only now have i finally decided to get some support and help after keeping it all bottled up in side all this time. through doing own research my symptoms appear to go hand in hand with those of bi polar disorder.
I have finally bit the bullet and booked an appointment with my Dr. the first step is always the worse right .. :unsure: I have no idea what to expect and if i'm honest i'm completely petrified they will think i'm a unsuitable mum, i'm 26 with two kids and my partner tries his hardest to understand but it always ends in fights ,how can i expect him to understand something even i have no idea of.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi, the first step is often the worst but the fact that you've made it is positive and it good to see it that way.

Professional help is a big step toward a more stable mind and life. Take care of yourself and just one day at a time.

Try to get support network family and friends to listen if you can talk to them, as hard is it will be they need to know how you are feeling and only then can they care for you in the way you need.

Once you seen your GP, I hope you will start to feel better, but remember there isn't a race so just take your time.

Just my thoughts x

Z

ziedite

Hi KC...wow I'm so impressed with you! 26, two kids, a supportive partner, and brave and courageous to say I think that I may need some support. I wish I had that sort of courage at 26! I was such a mess at that age... could barely function, much less raise 2 children. So kudos to you! :)

You've done the right thing... just make sure your GP takes your concerns seriously and if in doubt... see another GP. Your partner will probably need to understand more about any diagnosis that you get, so consider bringing them to some of your appointments or therapy sessions.

Hang in there and let us know what you need.