• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

finally some good news!

P

p1ckle

This evening, the House of Lords have defeated the government and voted in favour of amendments to the Welfare Reform Bill.

1. Young disabled people will still be automatically eligible for ESA. Lord Freud and co. had wanted to abolish that.

2. ESA for those in the WRAG* group will now be time limited to TWO years not one. Still not great but better half a loaf than no bread

A

angelk01

Oh im really glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. xxx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Artmuzz Finally won appeal for PIP :) Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
E Finally!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
T PIP wait finally over!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
flowergirl finally have date for pip assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
cloudberry The ATOS form has finally arrived Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
F Finally – legal proof that disability benefits test is unfair for people with mental illness Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
P finally got my esa50 form filled out Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
M finally been awarded dla! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
seo1387 I finally got dla...? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
W News re: PIP and ESA reviews Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
Z benefits news from the I paper today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
N Surprise Happier News - not so d readed brown envelope anymore! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Not_Crazy_Yet Good news, i hope. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
D I don't think it's good news on the PIP front Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Nikita Important news mental health charity mind is applying to work as dwp work coaches! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
E Some good news for a change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
ScaredCat Benefit fraud in news Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 30
L PIP assessment lasted 30 minutes. Is this bad news? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
V good news Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P is no news good news? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
P positive news for you all claiming ESA..... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
U sorry, NO Good news Here.. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 26
N Good News on DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I Bad news for the wrag Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
F had third medical.... no news yet. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
miffyrabbit Link To BBC News Article: ATOS Messes Up. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S Breaking news: Man in coma refused ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
M Esa no news after 10 weeks Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1