• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me

W

wasteman420

uhh so depression just upped and left the chat all of a sudden bc things have been looking up for me recently, bUT, without the numb void of apathy to drown out my worries, i'm an anxious wreck. Which is a confusing situation to be in because usually having anxiety will make me depressed about it because it's incredibly limiting, but i feel weirdly optimistic about everything despite currently being in the worst anxiety spell i've ever experienced. Convinced i'm well on track to becoming my best possible self, but can't see the anxiety going away any time soon as i've had it on & off the whole of my adolescent life and in recent years it's begun to be triggered by the literal process of *having* a thought. (which makes mindfulness redundant because thinking about not thinking just perpetuates it lol)

Maybe i'm just delusional and malnourished from being unable to stomach more than a piece of toast a day lmao but at least im a jolly bitch lmao

C

Christooo

Hi. This does sound like a dilemma, but great to see that you're over one massive hurdle and it's great to hear things are on the up. I know you mention a trigger of the process of having a thought. Curious if these are stressful/worried thoughts, or it could be anything mediocre.

I have occasional anxiety to which I have my own coping mechanisms. Curious what others use to help overcome these both pro and reactively. @wasteman420 - Have you found anything that has helped over the years - however momentarily?

T

treasurebox

Situation is not permanent. There will be better days for you.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

C

Christooo

Have any of you tried CBD? I started taking it some time back and has made a massive impact to both my anxiety and sleep. Theres a lot of sellers out there but not all the products are the same. i spent quite a bit of time researching. If you're not careful you could just waste your money.

Of course there are may other things you could do to contribute relieving your anxiety too. Loads of content on here.

T

treasurebox

There will be better days for you. Know that your Creator is in control of everything and will help you. He won't let anything happen that you cannot handle.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

W

wasteman420

Hi. This does sound like a dilemma, but great to see that you're over one massive hurdle and it's great to hear things are on the up. I know you mention a trigger of the process of having a thought. Curious if these are stressful/worried thoughts, or it could be anything mediocre.

I have occasional anxiety to which I have my own coping mechanisms. Curious what others use to help overcome these both pro and reactively. @wasteman420 - Have you found anything that has helped over the years - however momentarily?
Any abstract thought - that's the baffling thing. I'm not actually worried about anything but random stuff just keeps triggering a physical response, like i'm living in permanent fight or flight mode and it's exhausting. I was a very worrysome teenager, which is where the anxiety problem started, so i think maybe my brain started associating the process/feeling of thinking with anxiety because most of my thoughts were anxious ones for so long. I get it especially bad when it's a thought about the future - like not even stressful future stuff - i could think something as benign as "oh I need to go to the shops for milk later" and then then feel sick at the thought of it for no reason at all.

Running is a good outlet, helps make use of the excessive nervous energy and while it sometimes feels a bit grim at the time, i feel so goof afterwards. Not been doing that so much lately though as I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and it's only just healed, plus i'm too anxious to eat enough food to justify running regularly as i don't wanna lose any more weight than i have already.

I've found music to be a massive help for the past few days being quarantined. Playing guitar and singing has taken my mind of the anxious feeling and kept my hands busy which is always a good distraction from wondering thoughts.

W

wasteman420

There will be better days for you. Know that your Creator is in control of everything and will help you. He won't let anything happen that you cannot handle.

I'm not really religious but appreciate the thought 🙏 I just trust that things will unfold how they were intended to be. Fate or whatever.

Music is defo a massive help. My main creative outlet used to be through art, but since that's my career path it's somewhat taken the fun out of it, so i'm so glad to have discovered a new hobby that i can actually enjoy and have zero pressure to be successful at. Been practicing guitar and singing a lot the last few days while in quarantine, and it's really got me though it.

W

wasteman420

Have any of you tried CBD? I started taking it some time back and has made a massive impact to both my anxiety and sleep. Theres a lot of sellers out there but not all the products are the same. i spent quite a bit of time researching. If you're not careful you could just waste your money.

Of course there are may other things you could do to contribute relieving your anxiety too. Loads of content on here.
It has been suggested to me actually, and it's something i'm gonna look into when i can leave the house again, but I am a little skeptical, what with all of the big claims that people make about it and the lack of extensive credible research - plus the fact i smoke way too much weed anyway lol idk if i wanna be putting more cannabinoids in me to solve the issue haha