• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Finally had meeting with my psychiatrist

C

Chemstyle

I finally had my meeting with my psychiatrist to discuss what’s going on and my medication. I told her about how my paranoia is becoming really difficult to deal with and about all the people who are trying to get to me and performing tests and scans on me. But at the end of the meeting she suddenly comes out telling me about how depressed she thinks I am, despite me saying multiple times that I do not feel depressed and barely express much inner emotion. Therefore she decides to increase my anti depressant rather than increasing my anti psychotic which I thought she was going to do. I just don’t understand peoples inability to listen, it’s like shes implanting ideas into my head trying to convince me of a false truth like a Jedi mind trick or something. The way she talks about me is that I only FEEL like people are trying to get to me, whereas I actually KNOW that these people are trying to get to me. I’m just so sick of her doing this because I actually start to believe her and start to tell myself that I must be depressed despite not ever feeling depressed so these mind tricks that’s shes playing are actually working. I just don’t know what to believe anymore, my mind is all over the place. I hope I’m not annoying anyone I’m just not in a great place at the moment.

HLon99

HLon99

I finally had my meeting with my psychiatrist to discuss what’s going on and my medication. I told her about how my paranoia is becoming really difficult to deal with and about all the people who are trying to get to me and performing tests and scans on me. But at the end of the meeting she suddenly comes out telling me about how depressed she thinks I am, despite me saying multiple times that I do not feel depressed and barely express much inner emotion. Therefore she decides to increase my anti depressant rather than increasing my anti psychotic which I thought she was going to do. I just don’t understand peoples inability to listen, it’s like shes implanting ideas into my head trying to convince me of a false truth like a Jedi mind trick or something. The way she talks about me is that I only FEEL like people are trying to get to me, whereas I actually KNOW that these people are trying to get to me. I’m just so sick of her doing this because I actually start to believe her and start to tell myself that I must be depressed despite not ever feeling depressed so these mind tricks that’s shes playing are actually working. I just don’t know what to believe anymore, my mind is all over the place. I hope I’m not annoying anyone I’m just not in a great place at the moment.
Yup had a psychiatrist exactly like her, had to battle with her for my meds. In the end she pulled my meds and had me discharged from the clinic believing there was nothing wrong with me. Thankfully, I had another psychiatrist who took over from her and gave me the treatment I needed. Its very hit and miss with these doctors especially if you are on NHS, some are incredible, some are truly terrible, both as medical doctors and as people.

My advice, get yourself a new psychiatrist. And be prepared for your sessions. Always make a list in advance of any sessions about the progress you've made, concerns you have and what you want to be done. And be ready to back yourself up with reasons and evidence. With some shrinks it can feel like having to push a thousand tons of idiot up a mountain, with others its a lot easier, but you never know until you start working with them so always be prepared.