• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

finally got my appt.with shrink tomorrow!

M

mickeymoo

Its only taken since january.

Will it be more like seeing a dr or a councillor? What sort of questions do they ask and how long will it be?

Am I likely to have my medication changed? and if so do you have to go to your drs for it or can you get it there?

thanks

T

TOONAFISH

i would say it is more like a mixture of a doc and counsellor. might take half hour maybe more. you will prob get prescription from them , well i do. tell them as much info as you can anyway. good luck

S

skyblue

It really does depend on your circumstances Mickey whether or not you'll get your medication changed. If he/she feels your not on the right ones because of something or other, then they'll change them.

My Psychiatrist faxes over my prescriptions to the GP/Chemist that work together, I pick my medications up from there.

Good luck, you'll be fine - don't worry.xx

Its only taken since january.

Will it be more like seeing a dr or a councillor? What sort of questions do they ask and how long will it be?

Am I likely to have my medication changed? and if so do you have to go to your drs for it or can you get it there?

thanks