Finally feel happy today after a long time

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

My social anxiety is wearing off after years of bullying, inauthentic parenting and shame manipulation, and I am being myself more than I felt I could be.

My whole outlook is improving - depression wearing off, concentration improving, becoming assertive and warmer and better able to have good relationships.

I need an increasingly better social environment in which I can be myself and others can be themselves too, in which I can be confident and happy and people authentically celebrate with me.

S

Skynet

Great to hear! Do you mind if I ask if a medication has helped you?

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Yaya good to talk to people, I just emailed a friend who hss some perfectionist tendencies so I can feel some nervousness creeping back.

I was put on cymbalta and abilify, and the combination has helped me a ton.

I started relaxing and having more self control over my emotions and moving more from intuition than what others would think and it helped a lot.

I socialize a lot more now and say what I think more and am more present, and can concentrate better and my mood and energy have improved.

I still wish to have more connection to my world, but overall I have been feeling better than I have in a long time.

I tried an SSRI, lexapro, a long time ago but it didn't help at all, maybe in part because I was too wrapped up in a certain frame of mind of success.

Now I am on an ssnri and much more focused on my inner being and everything seems to be going better.

I have also been eating and sleeping better with the encouragement of my father who cooks and leaves me alone when j am tired, and it has seemed to help a lot.

Mostly being able to hear and use my own intuition instead of being told to do and think things I don't agree with has been the best- finding good community.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Good to hear that. Enjoy the improvements and make up for the bad days and leave them behind. You have a caring dad which is great. Success stories like yours are encouraging and gives others hope.