• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Finally feel happy today after a long time

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

My social anxiety is wearing off after years of bullying, inauthentic parenting and shame manipulation, and I am being myself more than I felt I could be.

My whole outlook is improving - depression wearing off, concentration improving, becoming assertive and warmer and better able to have good relationships.

I need an increasingly better social environment in which I can be myself and others can be themselves too, in which I can be confident and happy and people authentically celebrate with me.

S

Skynet

Great to hear! Do you mind if I ask if a medication has helped you?

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Yaya good to talk to people, I just emailed a friend who hss some perfectionist tendencies so I can feel some nervousness creeping back.

I was put on cymbalta and abilify, and the combination has helped me a ton.

I started relaxing and having more self control over my emotions and moving more from intuition than what others would think and it helped a lot.

I socialize a lot more now and say what I think more and am more present, and can concentrate better and my mood and energy have improved.

I still wish to have more connection to my world, but overall I have been feeling better than I have in a long time.

I tried an SSRI, lexapro, a long time ago but it didn't help at all, maybe in part because I was too wrapped up in a certain frame of mind of success.

Now I am on an ssnri and much more focused on my inner being and everything seems to be going better.

I have also been eating and sleeping better with the encouragement of my father who cooks and leaves me alone when j am tired, and it has seemed to help a lot.

Mostly being able to hear and use my own intuition instead of being told to do and think things I don't agree with has been the best- finding good community.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Good to hear that. Enjoy the improvements and make up for the bad days and leave them behind. You have a caring dad which is great. Success stories like yours are encouraging and gives others hope.