• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

File on Four about MEntal Health services and how they are deteriorating

shaky

shaky

File on Four about MEntal Health services and how they are deteriorating

BBC Radio 4 - File on 4, Minding the Gap: Mental Healthcare
Possibly triggering as relatives describe people committing suicide, so don't listen if you are not feeling strong.

A depressing program really
It is all getting worse
Fewer beds and reductions in community care too - totally crap.

And, oh dear, one of the people described is violent, threatening people with knives and hammers.
Why do they always have to bring in the violence? :mad:

Last edited:
H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
because talking about people being depressed/ anxious is not very interesting.

SarahD

SarahD

I listened to this. I thought it was quite an accurate depressing picture of the state of the mental health service. And the point about the man with the knives and threatening behaviour was that he and his family had tried to get help for some time. Not receiving the help he needed had led to a period of homelessness and his condition deteriorating.

SarahD

SarahD

Come to that, the people who had killed themselves had also not received adequate care.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
thing about payment by results as they talked about is if the result is recovery or in the case of the dwp a job, thats unlikely to happen to people like me so theres no incentive to help, we just get left

Remember when the problem kids were bothering an oap in one area i went out and threatened them with the kitchen knife,they called me a pussy, the oap knocked on my door and thanked me, i had a narrow escape from been sectioned i guess if the parents had called the police