• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Fell

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

I hurt myself a few days ago, broke my ring finger on my left hand, busted up my knuckles, and smacked my head pretty bad. I've felt worse so I brushed it off and am going on my with my life.

but Ive started having tunnel vision randomly throughout the last few days and I think its related to my fall. my eyes are already my weakest sense (I have a series of issues with them) and am kind of nervous that something is actually wrong.

I'm waiting a few more days before I make an appointment but I just want you guys to help me panic less. I have anxiety and its making me stress but it could be nothing.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Hitting your head can give you a concussion. Its better to be safe and get checked out.

What were you doing you got hurt so bad ?

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Hitting your head can give you a concussion. Its better to be safe and get checked out.

What were you doing you got hurt so bad ?
I roller skate and I bought a new pair, I was breaking them in when ran over some rocks and ended up falling into the sidewalk.

F

fightthegoodfight

I roller skate and I bought a new pair, I was breaking them in when ran over some rocks and ended up falling into the sidewalk.
Hi there,

I would definitely get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, just to be safe. One of the first things first responders look for in a fall is whether you have hit your head. Reason is not only can you develop a concussion but it is possible to develop more serious, life threatening complications that may not manifest themselves for some time, however once they do they can be very dangerous.

An example would be something like a subdural hematoma, which is basically a pool of blood putting pressure on the brain. The tunnel vision is concerning to me, so I would suggest seeing a doctor pretty quickly, just to be sure. They will most likely do some scans of your head to make sure everything is okay.

Good luck and be safe. And once you're good to go keep having fun on those roller skates!

JessisMe

JessisMe

So sorry to hear about the fall! I echo others in urging you to seek medical attention as soon as possible. It could be nothing but better to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health. Rollerskating sounds so fun! xo, j