• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feels like people are manipulating my back and compressing it, is this a delusion

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Feels like people are manipulating my back and compressing it, is this a delusion or paranioa, can someone help. can people around manipulate your back and compress to point it wont be straight anymore. is this a delusion or paranioa.

D

danmarkok89

Well I don't know but you're asking a question so I'll try to be honest. It sounds like some unusual thought processes, possibly relating to your mental health but you're open minded and asking questions so you might not be delusional, if not, there'd be no convincing you otherwise but it does seem a bit unusual. If you're really not sure, you're probably doing the right thing by asking...

When you say "are people compressing and manipulating my back", who are you referring to? Does it feel like these people are out to get you? Does it feel like they're always doing this kind of stuff? Because on face value, it doesn't seem plausible, that people would conspire to compress your back or conspire to do anything, especially in the context of you posting this on a schizophrenia forum, hinting at the possibility that you have schizophrenia, which would seem like the more likely explanation although I might be wrong of course, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean nobodies out to get you, but in all likelihood it does seem unlikely, especially given the context and the content of what your saying

D

danmarkok89

I'd say your maybe a bit paranoid and anxious but I'm not a psychiatrist.

Have you got a good bed you can go relax on and maybe see if your back is crooked? Because if you can lay down, even on your side then your back is probably fine

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

I'd say your maybe a bit paranoid and anxious but I'm not a psychiatrist.

Have you got a good bed you can go relax on and maybe see if your back is crooked? Because if you can lay down, even on your side then your back is probably fine
Yea im anxoius and bit paranoid, so its impossible for people to compress your back, its all in my head

D

danmarkok89

Yea im anxoius and bit paranoid, so its impossible for people to compress your back, its all in my head
Looks like it I'm afraid, still though, we all often get some silly thoughts come into our head. And it's got to be better to have the odd silly thought than for people to be conspiring to compress your back, that would be horrible, thankfully it's just a silly thought!

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Looks like it I'm afraid, still though, we all often get some silly thoughts come into our head. And it's got to be better to have the odd silly thought than for people to be conspiring to compress your back, that would be horrible, thankfully it's just a silly thought!
Thanks you made me feel better thank you, thanks god its all in my head.

D

danmarkok89

No worries, glad I could help 😊

Ps I admire your ability to question your thoughts and perception, that's really something to be proud of!

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

No worries, glad I could help 😊

Ps I admire your ability to question your thoughts and perception, that's really something to be proud of!
i just dont understand why i think this way though.

D

danmarkok89

Well I also have had really strange and unusual thoughts before and I'll no doubt have them again at some point. I suppose the medical perspective is that some people are more prone to magical thinking and some people are prone to paranoia, delusions and hallucinations etc. The only thing I don't like about the medical perspective is that it generally implies that there is something wrong with us when really, we're the most incredible people really, with unusual and unique perspectives that other people will never have, sure it's not all good but neither is everyone else's perspectives or ideas, even if that could be considered consensus reality. Reality or perception of it is highly subjective anyway, ours is just more subjective and unique

D

danmarkok89

We're like nature's or gods most special creation

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Well I also have had really strange and unusual thoughts before and I'll no doubt have them again at some point. I suppose the medical perspective is that some people are more prone to magical thinking and some people are prone to paranoia, delusions and hallucinations etc. The only thing I don't like about the medical perspective is that it generally implies that there is something wrong with us when really, we're the most incredible people really, with unusual and unique perspectives that other people will never have, sure it's not all good but neither is everyone else's perspectives or ideas, even if that could be considered consensus reality. Reality or perception of it is highly subjective anyway, ours is just more subjective and unique
Yea your right.