• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feels like I lost the girl of my dreams

Wishbone

Wishbone

Which part specifically has she mentioned previously? Also, if she's had a medication change that tells you that there has indeed been a change in her as you wouldn't change things if the meds are working as they should or if the recipient is well.
Do yourself a favour and don't check her Facebook for now, your mind will only conjure up all sorts of scenarios and you don't need them at the minute.

A

AllanFajardo1

She is protection me from getting hurt
Which part specifically has she mentioned previously? Also, if she's had a medication change that tells you that there has indeed been a change in her as you wouldn't change things if the meds are working as they should or if the recipient is well.
Do yourself a favour and don't check her Facebook for now, your mind will only conjure up all sorts of scenarios and you don't need them at the minute.
She has said she doesn’t want to end up hurting me not sure if this means physically or knowing that she will end up not being with me cause she feels she can’t hold a relationship. She has also said she wouldn’t be a good enough step mom which is not true cuz she is great with kids. I used to be so confident now my head is filled with doubts and pain. I’m so confused. She broke me idk if i can love again. As more time passes I feel like I should just be cold hearted and have no feelings to protect myself. I felt like my nature is to be a good guy and help but I just want to hide from society. I was so extroverted now I don’t even want to leave home. She completely changed the person I was.

Wishbone

Wishbone

You met two years ago and have been together as a couple for 11 months, in that time has she had Bipolar mood swings? I mean the big kind, not a day here or there of being moody.

A

AllanFajardo1

You met two years ago and have been together as a couple for 11 months, in that time has she had Bipolar mood swings? I mean the big kind, not a day here or there of being moody.
Yes she has but never to the point where she wanted to break up with me. A day before it happen she had a very nice post about how I was her best friend and I brought balance to her life

Wishbone

Wishbone

And do you know what happened regarding the medication change? What she was on, what she changed to, why she changed? Those types of things.

A

AllanFajardo1

And do you know what happened regarding the medication change? What she was on, what she changed to, why she changed? Those types of things.
Latuda and now she is on Vraylar. She changed because after increasing her dose on latuda it wasn’t getting better she was triggered by pretty much everything, it was getting worse. it’s been about 3.5 years since she was diagnosed with bipolar.

Wishbone

Wishbone

She has said she doesn’t want to end up hurting me not sure if this means physically or knowing that she will end up not being with me cause she feels she can’t hold a relationship. She has also said she wouldn’t be a good enough step mom which is not true cuz she is great with kids.
When meds are changed there can be a period of adjustment, so while she's said these things she may yet still come back, so don't rule it out, just don't drive yourself crazy with it all in the meantime. You can try contacting her if you're able to, but otherwise sit tight and see what happens. It may well be that she can't do the whole relationship thing, or the relationship with kids thing. It's hard enough at the best of times let alone with Bipolar on top of it. She may be stepping back, hurting herself and protecting you and the kids in the process, because her history tells her things will go wrong and maybe she's ended up hurt a lot before because of it. She may be great with kids for the most part but she may also feel that at some point she will be bad for them. There are lots of things that could be and we can't know for sure. So you either let her go and try and move on, or you try and move on and hope she sees sense and comes back, or you try and get her back. That's your call to make buddy, but whatever happens don't think it's the end of your own world. Things come together and things break apart, it's part of life for all of us (though I appreciate it hurts like hell at the time), you'll get there.

Let us know how things go.

A

AllanFajardo1

When meds are changed there can be a period of adjustment, so while she's said these things she may yet still come back, so don't rule it out, just don't drive yourself crazy with it all in the meantime. You can try contacting her if you're able to, but otherwise sit tight and see what happens. It may well be that she can't do the whole relationship thing, or the relationship with kids thing. It's hard enough at the best of times let alone with Bipolar on top of it. She may be stepping back, hurting herself and protecting you and the kids in the process, because her history tells her things will go wrong and maybe she's ended up hurt a lot before because of it. She may be great with kids for the most part but she may also feel that at some point she will be bad for them. There are lots of things that could be and we can't know for sure. So you either let her go and try and move on, or you try and move on and hope she sees sense and comes back, or you try and get her back. That's your call to make buddy, but whatever happens don't think it's the end of your own world. Things come together and things break apart, it's part of life for all of us (though I appreciate it hurts like hell at the time), you'll get there.

Let us know how things go.
Though I’m hurt and confused and lost, I appreciate your feedback. Sometimes I feel silly feeling how I am right now and depending on one person for my happiness. Love really can destroy a man. I hope things get better one way or another. I will keep you posted.