• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feelings towards therapist

A

Ada888

Okay, this is going to sound really stupid but it's embarassing and I can't talk to anyone about it. The thing is, I've been having CBT for the past few months and I find myself thinking about the therapist all the time, and it's been keeping me awake for the past week too. It's like I'm obssessed with him or something. I don't think I'm in love with him. Has anyone else ever felt this way?:unsure:

Q

quality factor

Okay, this is going to sound really stupid but it's embarassing and I can't talk to anyone about it. The thing is, I've been having CBT for the past few months and I find myself thinking about the therapist all the time, and it's been keeping me awake for the past week too. It's like I'm obssessed with him or something. I don't think I'm in love with him. Has anyone else ever felt this way?:unsure:
Hi this is a common reaction, where the client begins to have feelings for the therapist it is referred to as 'transferrence'.

You might google 'transferrence in therapy' for a fuller explanation.
Hope this might help you,
QF.

A

Ada888

Thank you, QF, I googled it and found some very helpful information. I feel much better about it now, like I'm not a complete idiot or something. :rolleyes: