• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feelings of nails scratching

gt86

gt86

This has been relatively been happening only recently and for a short period of time. It happens still to this day and especially when I'm working.

I have this sensation or feeling of my nails scratching the ground or a chalkboard. Its very disturbing. Even sometimes my teeth breaking. Is this a mental health issue?
Should I tell my psychiatrist about this?
If not, who or what can I do?

I tried taking ibuprofen and just scratching anything but it doesn't really work.

I also did some research of google and found something that might be it. It's called misophonia. I am not sure if this is it.

N

natalie

If you think that you have the feelings of nails scratching, now, I can't spot your location detail, and I am not about to probe, however, if you are in Britain, I would in the first instance, get a triage booked with your GP services, admin, or fill out an Econsult, and a GP will get back to you, and I am sure, they will put you at ease. i can't diagnose you, and we at MHF do not have the facility to do that, so the best way forward would be the GPs, if the p roblem gets worse, t his feeling that you have, call, out of surgery hours 111, or contact crisis team whom are attached to the community mental health again, if you are in Britain, and they will assess you, and decide on the appropriate action plan to take.

Do let us know how you'll get on in due course.

gt86

gt86

Thanks Natalie but I am in the US. I was wondering if this problem is related to mental health