• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling you're about to die.

V

Vincent

Has anyone had the feeling of dying while in the throws of schizophrenia,i've had it and it's desperate,my mum was so worried she tried to give me a paracetamol haha lot of good that done,has anyone else had it cause i've never heard of it before in schizophrenia.

Star-28

Star-28

i have felt that way quite often. it is usually anxiety that brings it on

D

dancer

I have had a couple of occurrances when I'd feel really sleepy and I'd lie down and then I'd feel like I was sinking. I have to close my eyes because I'm so sleepy and I'm sure that if I just switch off and fall asleep I'll die in my bed. It's so real and very scary.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

When im full blown psychotic i get that feeling i think terror's the correct word for it. it's like extreme despair and fear it's a horrible feeling. or maybe that's just what happens to me when i go psychotic i just litterally feel like existence it's self is coming to an end terror and fear and pain completely searing through my soul.

D

dancer

Once I woke up and thought the whole world had been obliterated and I was the last person left on the planet!!! Sheer terror and fear

M

maudikie

It must be horrid. If you feel like that again come and write on here and see if you can get a conversation going about such things as what you like to do, and any hobbies or particualar interests.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

i get this had it for years started as a child anxiety i guess they say it stems from insecurity as child we all have built in fear death. i read that it is a schizophrenic symptom.

A

Alone

i dont know its just bad dreams but i often wake up completely alert.

also everything i touch melts and crushes me, the world is upsidedown and spinning. im like this in sheer terror for a few mins before i regain control and calm down! i honestly believe the world is over and usually all i can say is 'hide hide hide'

boy im messed up!