Feeling worse than ever...

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

I’m really getting to the point now where I genuinely feel like the entire world is against me and I don’t know what to do. I’m constantly met with conflict, betrayal, rudeness and overall hatred by other people and it’s destroying my mental health. I was degraded and treated so poorly by two separate pubs tonight for absolutely no reason. I went out to a pub with my friend only to be immediately kicked out without even being allowed to finish the drink I’ve paid for with my hard earned money. I’m very careful with my drink and have not shown any drunken behaviour in the slightest. I wasn’t violent, rude or aggressive at all and they were so incredibly horrible only because my friend works there and apparently (a rule I wasn’t aware of) staff aren’t allowed in. When I tried to get into another place, the guy on the door spoke to me like crap again. I feel like I can’t even go out and enjoy myself without being physically manhandled by these people or being spoken to like utter filth. I understand if a person gets really rowdy and violent, then yes, getting them out of the building is essential, but I work full time in a fully qualified admin position in a good company, I earn good money and I like to go out for a drink or two sometimes. There is absolutely no need to touch me or bully me in any way shape or form and its getting to the point where I experience this behaviour almost weekly. I get treated like this in every situation imaginable and I’m getting really sick of it. I’m pretty sure I’m now banned from at least one of these places for doing nothing wrong. I’m getting so depressed and angry at the world for constantly berating me and treating me so terribly when all I want is a peaceful life. I just want to be able to relax for once without worrying about people bullying or harassing me in any way. I feel like I’m always cowering down to these people and letting them get away with everything and im so sick of it now. Does anyone have any advice? I know this is really long and ranty but this has really ruined my whole weekend and it’s getting to the point where I just don’t want to go out/see people anymore. Thank you for reading xx

A

Amathe77

I understand how you feel. I live in a very un-accepting place, that is mostly full of old people. For this reason, I'm often met with rudeness everywhere I go because I have several facial piercings and blue hair. They don't try to get to know me before they are rude and make snide remarks. I'm not even a mean person, but they act like I'm the worst thing to ever exist. You throw in the amount of people who have used and manipulated me in the past year and now I have zero desire to leave the house. I feel for you and I'm sorry this happened. I don't understand why people are so rude.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

I understand how you feel. I live in a very un-accepting place, that is mostly full of old people. For this reason, I'm often met with rudeness everywhere I go because I have several facial piercings and blue hair. They don't try to get to know me before they are rude and make snide remarks. I'm not even a mean person, but they act like I'm the worst thing to ever exist. You throw in the amount of people who have used and manipulated me in the past year and now I have zero desire to leave the house. I feel for you and I'm sorry this happened. I don't understand why people are so rude.
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you've been going through this, it's so hard when people just won't accept you for who you are. I've definitely calmed down a bit since the other night but these people really do just make the world an even more negative place than it already is. I like coming to the forum to speak to those who understand and won't judge. People will always be rude to us no matter what I think, we just need to be able to rise above the hate in any way that we can. Thank you for your response, it's nice not to feel so alone in the world xx

A

Amathe77

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you've been going through this, it's so hard when people just won't accept you for who you are. I've definitely calmed down a bit since the other night but these people really do just make the world an even more negative place than it already is. I like coming to the forum to speak to those who understand and won't judge. People will always be rude to us no matter what I think, we just need to be able to rise above the hate in any way that we can. Thank you for your response, it's nice not to feel so alone in the world xx
You’re right, it’s incredibly nice to have someone who can relate to how I’m feeling. I do agree that we should rise above all the hate and negativity, but I do find myself struggling to do that sometimes because I’m so sad or angry. I have never went out of my way to be mean or hurtful to other people, so I just find it hard to understand and accept when others do it.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

You’re right, it’s incredibly nice to have someone who can relate to how I’m feeling. I do agree that we should rise above all the hate and negativity, but I do find myself struggling to do that sometimes because I’m so sad or angry. I have never went out of my way to be mean or hurtful to other people, so I just find it hard to understand and accept when others do it.
I defintely understand what you mean there; hate is such a nasty thing and it's so hard to ignore, I've dealt with it for many years. I think sometimes because we're so nice to people, they think they can walk all over us, which is definitely the case for me. I've slowly started standing up for myself more (which can be difficult within itself!) and trying to accept myself for who I am. Sometimes it really can feel like the world's against me, but then I realise that it's not me with the problem, it's them. I truly hope you find happiness with accepting and kind people who will love you for who you are <3 xx