• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling worse after crisis team

J

jekel1

They made me feel as if i was lying , i cant believe this. They said my phcy doctor wouldn't say i had bi polar after one meeting and the olanazpine they gave me was for anxiety , but my p doc said i have bi polar, she was a bit un interested in me , i told her i have cut my self but she said try some gardening or reading, when im manic i ant read! I cant concentrate. I feel so low now like she will go to my p doc and get him to change his mind , i get treated for depression , but that wont work on the manics? She says i should go for a walk or draw! I now feel confused. Has any one else had bad experiences with crisis teams?:(

M

mad as a hatter

Mmm crisis teams can be a nitemare at times i,ve had similiar problems with them i,d go bk 2 ur pdoc or gp and tell them u feel u where treated badly by them if ur pdoc says u got bipolor then u stick with what he/she say not crisis team

T

Tainted

Hi

I have been treated by the Crisis team a couple of times of the past 18 months. In my opinion they are awful.

My crisis team are in Maidstone, Kent and I understand that the standard of care may differ from area.

I was told by my G.P to go stright to the local psy hospital. On arrival I met with the Crisis team they told me to go for a walk as it would make me feel better.

On another occassion from discharge from hospital they cam to visit me, they said they would be in daily contact with me. they called me twice in a week and came to see me once. When they did talk to me they talked about the weather and how the area I lived in looked nice and quiet.

I catually find them more of a burden and than help and I have made it clear I to the medical staff involved in my care that they are extremley unhelpful!

I hope other Crisis teams are more helpful to patients in other areas. But I don't think you are the first of unfortunatley the last to have a bad experince with a Crisis team.:(

C

Cameron Vale

Crisis Team

Hi,

I am in total agreement with all of the comments regarding the Crisis Team! I live in the Poole area and have actually spoken to my Psychiatrist about these rather unproffesional people. When I was last in hospital I spoke to the nurses and staff there, and explained how embarrassed the crisis team made me feel every time they entered my premesis. I have found myself a great little hiding place in a seven bedroom house, it has it's own entrance. I would take my time to explain to the crisis team that my little flat had it's own entrance and to only use that when they came around to give my meds. However did they use that entrance? NO, did they hell use that entrance! They would knock on the from doorand shout at the top of there lungs, "We are the crisis team, is Cameron here?"

What a bunch of "MERCHANT BANKS!" When one suffers from a mental health issue, you really do not want the world to know about it! Atleast I do not!

Even though they are the GATE KEEPERS to our Psychiatic hospitals I have found a way in order that I do not have to deal with them anymore!!!!!

This is the the hospital and my rather wonderful Psychiatrist.

Nice to talk to you.

Cameron :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
Absolutely true. They always make the excuse that they are really busy - but then they need reorganising, after all they say they are a home treatment team - what treatment? But their value is that they have the power to get other services involved if they think it necessary. But they are always less than useless.

This is a very old thread - would you like to start a new one for yourself? xxx

M

Meryl

I rang the crisis team up in Poole and I was told to draw circles on a piece of paper and keep doing it until you feel calm I did not calm me down at all I told them I was suicidal and did not believe a word I was saying they just told me to do that

L

Lilac

You could tell them how they you felt about your visit. My lot always say I feel for example 'not listened to'. Sometimes I can't make them out. They do seem to say they listen if you could tell them?

rainbow-warrior

rainbow-warrior

Crisis Teams are notoriously unhelpful. I once was driven to A&E by my psychotherapist, who thought I was having a mixed-manic psychotic episode, to see the Crisis Team and try and get some help. I was on the edge of sanity, reality and my survival. The man who saw me was nice enough, but didn't seem to take what I was saying in the same degree that I did. However, I wrote down and articulated, explained, in the most detailed way about what I was experiencing, not holding anything back. He seemed to take that a lot more seriously. They offered me an appointment with a psychiatrist the next day (although I couldn't go because I lived in a different town and could not travel).

Unfortunately, when trying to access these services to get real help, you always have to exaggerate your case and match your body language and facial expressions to the degree of concern you are placing on it. Exaggerate more than make up. Once they have taken you seriously, you're foot is in the door. It infuriates me how bad the NHS are with mental health. The 6 month long waiting lists for non-emergency psychiatrist appointments is profoundly depressing. I do hope you are feeling better though :)

M

Meryl

I rang the crisis team up last night and they said they would send someone to see me from the intensive support team today but I waited all day for them but they did not turn up and when I spoke to the manager of my building about and asked if they could them a call but they said there was no record of that call only the one I made earlier in the day so I rang them up they are supposed to be getting back to me about it I don't no why I bothered they rang me back but they had no record of the call and they had not contacted the people about me at all they just said ring the crisis team up again and speak to them about it but I won't be ringing them up ever again they are useless

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HLon99 Bipolar Forum 16
h_put2021 Bipolar Forum 3
GaryC123 Bipolar Forum 2
N Bipolar Forum 5
A Bipolar Forum 8