Feeling weird

D

DonRoske

Hello guys, I'm new here. I'm 25 years old and recently i started feeling these weird emotions of sadness, anger and fear mixed together. I was always a smart kid and my parents and family expected great things from me. But i never lived up to those expectations because of my video games addiction in the way. It got me fat, got me less attractive in my eyes, and i created a barrier where i wouldn't go out so people who known me a long time wouldn't see me fat. It never bothered me, i always had a grasp of my emotions. I don't know what it was, one night i was watching a movie with my girlfriend and it just triggered a panic attack where i found myself thinking like oh my god nothing i do makes me happy and i can't think of anything that would please me. That lasted like an hour and went away, but it left a sad feeling that i can't shake off for 2 weeks now. I am a hypochondriac and i overthink everything to it's worst possible outcome so i have a fear that i would go insane or kill myself even though i have no suicidal thoughts i have a fear that i might have them some day because of my hypochondria. If anyone can share something or give mesome advice that can help me out it would be great. Thanks in advance!

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Hey man - I used to have a similar lifestyle - I'm not sure if it was the cause directly or if it was the result of, but man I get anxiety... I really do get it.

I've found that a solid structure helps, especially because you feel better about yourself and about what you're accomplishing. I joined CrossFit, it seems to be helping a lot, especially with self confidence.

My focus has shifted off of happiness and onto the concept of purpose - what am I doing? Why am I doing it? How can I do it better? What must I cut out? What shouldn't I cut out? How can I l make my life better for myself and those around me?

I suffer from major depressive dips due to obsessive compulsive disorder - so the purpose of routine helps me. It's also about analyzing this routine, I was also noted often as being a very intelligent person; so naturally if I've determined that there is no use in doing something, then it's pointless doing it.

So I make sure in my studies I give my all - I make sure that i'm actually learning or at least doing my best; at work I do everything I can do - I try to be incredibly involved; at CrossFit I don't cheat reps and I remain humble and make sure my form is on point; at Church I make sure I learn what the pastor is teaching and come with questions; in my social interactions I see what I can learn from the people around me, or at least how I can contribute positively to their day in some way.

I don't seem to really be able to be happy - but what keeps me going is that purpose, knowing that people want me around, because I make their lives better.

D

DonRoske

Hey man - I used to have a similar lifestyle - I'm not sure if it was the cause directly or if it was the result of, but man I get anxiety... I really do get it.

I've found that a solid structure helps, especially because you feel better about yourself and about what you're accomplishing. I joined CrossFit, it seems to be helping a lot, especially with self confidence.

My focus has shifted off of happiness and onto the concept of purpose - what am I doing? Why am I doing it? How can I do it better? What must I cut out? What shouldn't I cut out? How can I l make my life better for myself and those around me?

I suffer from major depressive dips due to obsessive compulsive disorder - so the purpose of routine helps me. It's also about analyzing this routine, I was also noted often as being a very intelligent person; so naturally if I've determined that there is no use in doing something, then it's pointless doing it.

So I make sure in my studies I give my all - I make sure that i'm actually learning or at least doing my best; at work I do everything I can do - I try to be incredibly involved; at CrossFit I don't cheat reps and I remain humble and make sure my form is on point; at Church I make sure I learn what the pastor is teaching and come with questions; in my social interactions I see what I can learn from the people around me, or at least how I can contribute positively to their day in some way.

I don't seem to really be able to be happy - but what keeps me going is that purpose, knowing that people want me around, because I make their lives better.

Thank you man! That helps out a lot. I was thinking the same. I need to find some sort of purpose in life. Right now I'm just wondering around doing nothing with my time and it hit me hard now that i have to change something about it.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Intelligence - a sense of responsibility - and a depressed/anxious/neurotic mindset do not go well together.

I suggest to take it in steps man - get involved in things, get busy - pace yourself.