Feeling Very Low

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I've been feeling low all afternoon. I've been feeling a bit panicky and trapped.

S

spiritfriend

After going for a walk in the cold, I felt much better. What usually helps you calm down? A nice warm drink, or maybe talking helps? Try to remind yourself that these negative feelings will pass. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

What happened today is this: I got up this morning and had my tea. Then I had breakfast and more tea. Then I decided to put ribbon on my tree before getting in the shower, only to discover that I couldn't put the ribbon on the tree as I didn't have green pipe cleaners, so I got in the shower instead. After I got out of the shower, I baked a canned ham and steamed veggies. Once all that was done, I had to sit down for some quiet time. As I was sitting there, I realized I had to take out a lot of time over the past week to just sit quietly. I thought of all I could have gotten done if I didn't need to rest so much. I'm in a bind. If I do too much, I have delusions, hallucinate, or have a meltdown, usually the latter. Which means I can't get much accomplished. I'm frustrated, and I'm bored, and I just feel very low. It doesn't help that I'm couped up in this house. My back hurts too bad to take the bus. I have no money. And strangers stress me out anyway. I know I'm whining, but I really feel that my life is going nowhere, and I'm trapped. I'm trying not to think desperate thoughts. Sorry I'm such a drag.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
you are not a drag ,you are struggling and thats what we are here for to help and support you through the difficult times
i hope you have a lovely christmas xx :hug1:

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Also, I've been tormented by bad memories all week. I can't stop thinking about them. Every time I put them out of my mind, they come back. It's like I'm trapped in some combination of PTSD and OCD hell. Plus, I'm afraid to go out because I'm afraid of people. So I'm trapped.

S

spiritfriend

Don't put yourself down. It's important to talk about what's bothering you. It isn't your fault. Unfortunately, a lot of people go through moments like these with their mental illness. It's fine for you to open up about it. I think it's important to take breaks and relax. I don't see it as lazy or anything. Especially when it comes to mental illness. A lot of things can become overwhelming to you, so no wonder you feel this way. Usually, when we come to a dead end, we feel like we're trapped there forever. But there are many options. We can suddenly find a new path, or create our very own. Being stuck doesn't last forever. You'll find a way out.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I have this bad habit of repeating myself because my memory is bad, which upsets my husband because the memories I tell him about are bad.

S

spiritfriend

Does talking to your husband help you? I'm sure he understands what you're going through. Do you go to therapy? If you're taking medication, maybe they're not working well.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Thank guys for just letting me get all of that stuff off my chest. I still feel trapped in my tiny apartment, but now I feel like the window has been opened a crack, metaphorically speaking. I can breathe a little easier now.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I'm not in therapy yet, but I plan on starting right after the holidays. My OCD was way worse before meds. I don't know how to make my traumatic past go away. I am being tormented by bad memories. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still disruptive and exhausting. I don't want to be like this. I want to move on with my life.

S

spiritfriend

I believe you will move on. It just takes a lot of time. It can be troublesome to go through all the stress to find some sort of solution, but remember to keep moving forward. Good luck with everything.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I'm not in therapy yet, but I plan on starting right after the holidays. My OCD was way worse before meds. I don't know how to make my traumatic past go away. I am being tormented by bad memories. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still disruptive and exhausting. I don't want to be like this. I want to move on with my life.
you ARE moving on Clis, it just takes time and tiny little steps and sometimes you feel like you're in quicksand

but if you compare the Clis who used to post here, who was overwhelmed even at the thought of showering

compare yourself to that Clis, so you can see how far you have come :hug:

also us MI folk need to remember, Blues at Christmas are very very common. It DOES bring back past memories, happier times if youre not so happy this year, family strain, financial strain. Even if you're a so=called Normal, chances are you are feeling Increased Stress at this time. Almost everyone does.

Clis you have a loving husband which is 100x more than what most people ever have.

You've just gotten some Help too, I think things will really swing around for you.

Especially once 2016 is over, what a shocking year. :(

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Thanks everybody. Your comments mean a lot to me. I woke up this morning feeling low because of pain, and rereading your comments helped a lot.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I just spent the past half-hour being screamed at by my husband, who is totally stressed out. I'm on the verge of tears.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

My husband is like Donald Duck in those old cartoons. He has a very short fuse, and he tends to panic and overreact to things, which in tearn stresses me out.