• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling very lonely and sad

P

Puggie

Former member
I'm feeling very lonely and sad and I have no one to talk to. And I'm concerned about my behaviour. I recently ruined a friendship with my obsessive behaviour and I'm feeling very regretful about it. I don't fully understand my behaviour.

This weird, obsessive behaviour has only happened twice before in my life. I spoke to my therapist about it last night.

I think I'm overly sensitive to rejection and I have abandonement issues. It's like I become compulsive and I don't listen to the other person or respect their needs or boundaries. I can't stop my obsessive behaviour and I push the other person away.

I think what happens is I get too close to the other person too fast. I'm too open with them and I make myself vulnerable. I think I need to be more careful with taking care of myself and being aware of the other person's boundaries.

It took me such a long time to understand the impact of my behaviour on the other person. I feel so sad about it and I'm worried that I can't have relationships with people.

Maybe I have obsessive compulsive disorder, but this has only happened twice before so I don't know.

I would be very grateful for some company right now.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You will get better at everything over time.
:hug:

W

wednesday addams

Loneliness is awful I'm feeling lonely also. I try to occupy myself with tv, and the internet. I hope you feel less lonely soon.

Pickity(y)

2Much2Feel

I'm feeling very lonely and sad and I have no one to talk to. And I'm concerned about my behaviour. I recently ruined a friendship with my obsessive behaviour and I'm feeling very regretful about it. I don't fully understand my behaviour.

This weird, obsessive behaviour has only happened twice before in my life. I spoke to my therapist about it last night.

I think I'm overly sensitive to rejection and I have abandonement issues. It's like I become compulsive and I don't listen to the other person or respect their needs or boundaries. I can't stop my obsessive behaviour and I push the other person away.

I think what happens is I get too close to the other person too fast. I'm too open with them and I make myself vulnerable. I think I need to be more careful with taking care of myself and being aware of the other person's boundaries.

It took me such a long time to understand the impact of my behaviour on the other person. I feel so sad about it and I'm worried that I can't have relationships with people.

Maybe I have obsessive compulsive disorder, but this has only happened twice before so I don't know.

I would be very grateful for some company right now.
Hey, @Puggie, sorry to hear you're feeling so alone and struggling with relationships. Have you seen a shrink? I'm just wondering if you could be dealing with some other MH issue, something other than OCD. It seems like getting some professional help may help you with this. I have done the same repeatedly, and I have borderline personality disorder. Not at all saying it's that, but just saying there are other MH conditions that can manifest in this way, and each are treated differently.

I'd suggest a DBT therapist maybe. They are used to working with boundaries, having a "favourite person" complex going, etc. Even pick up Marsha Linehan's workbook on Amazon or something on dialectical behaviour therapy. Really hope you get some good advice on here, but this is where I'd start if I were you. The correct diagnosis and treatment could really help you get to the root of it and learn how to temper it back. xx

P

Puggie

Former member
Hi Tawny and pickpocket. Thank you very much for your kind words ❤