• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling very lonely and sad right now

F

Floopy

I've had a very mixed day and felt like I needed to talk, and found this site. I do love a forum!

I had to go to the doctors, and I hate going. I always panic because of the marvellous amounts of waiting that has to be done. My dad was to take me in the car, and my mum was going to sit with me whilst waiting. On the journey there I started to panic, and by the time we got to the car park I was in full blown frozen fear. I stated I couldn't do it and my dad refused to take me home. He told my mum to drag me out of the car, I obviously stayed firm and refused to move.

I should explain I do not speak to my dad about any of the panic or agoraphobia. He doesn't want to know or be bothered by it.

He then started to rant at me about people having real problems, not being able to get hospital treatment, how everybody else can walk up and down the street and go in shops...and I started to laugh. It was just such a surprise that this emotional black hole exploded.

I was so distracted my fear went and doctor's trip was entirely successful, barring the fact that I am now left with the awful words he said to me ringing in my ears, and I feel like a little child, burning with hate.

I can't talk to him about it, and I have nobody to talk to. So I thought I'd alleviate some of my angst by finding a nice new forum to look at and maybe meet some new people, after first gushing out my current annoyance!

angry butterfly

angry butterfly

hi floopy, welcome to the forum.:welcome:

W

Waverunner

:welcome: Floopy. Hope you find the forum useful!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
I'm sorry that your Dad is less than supportive. Unfortunately, some people don't seem to understand the concept of mental health issues and so end up saying totally unhelpful things. :unsure:
I'm glad the doctors appointment went ok, though. Was it for the panic and anxiety, or something else?

Unique1

Unique1

Hi

Welcome :)
It is awful when people don't understand...I'm sure the majority ,if not all of us on the forum can feel your pain, it's really not nice...great that you dealt with it and went to the drs though :)

Hope this forum helps you, it really helps me to know I'm not alone x