• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling very down

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry I have not been around for a while to post, I have had computer problems. I am feeling really low at the moment my husband has gone back to full time employment he was off as my carer and I am feeling overwhelmed it seems so silly that I am struggling with the day to day things I need to do although it has made me realise just how much he was doing for me. I bet I sound extremely pathetic but just trying to drag myself from bed in the morning to walk my daughter to school is such a struggle. She didn't go today because I just couldn't get up got to try and pull myself up somehow but it is just so difficult :( sorry to moan and groan but didn't have anywhere else to turn I guess.
Messy

keepsafe

keepsafe

Sorry you are feeling so down mm, I know the feeling well - I didn;t manage to get out of bed until late afternoon, since then I haven;t done much either.

Hope that things get a little easier day by day for you

:hug:
KS

S

SmileyGirl

Hey I know how you feel, it takes all my energy to get my daughter onto the school bus at the bottom of my drive. Its the thought of getting her rerady, breakfast, lunchbox etc. I expect it only takes half an hour to an hour at tops but it really is a struggle. You're not acting silly, its bloody hard.

My daughter is poorly off school at the mo, and although I do not wish her to be ill, I' secretly enjoying her company through the days. PLus it means I HAVE to get up, and make meals etc.

You're not abnormal, its just hard work sometimes.

SG

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks KS and SmileyGirl I managed to get my daughter to school today although I feel like going back to bed now. I am the same SmileyGirl I secretly enjoy it when my daughter is unwell and I don't haved to go out. I suppose I better summon the energy to do some housework although my bed seems much more of a promising idea.

Messy

S

SmileyGirl

I've had the duvet days for last 2 weeks, I set myself a goal to hoover yesterday (tick)
I set myself a goal of getting dressed and cleaning the bathroom today (tick)

Got p***ed off with myself cos didn't get up until gone 11am but have achieved my small goals and it made me feel better.
I'll probably still wind myself up that I'm a terrible parent cos I didn't get up till 11, but maybe my goal tomorrow will be to get up at half 10.

Well done for managing it today, I know how hard it is but Anything is better than going back to bed. Even laying on sofa is a step away from the bedroom. Little steps mate, thats all we can do
SG x

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well done both of you - I didn;t get up until 12. I feel a right useless you know what and thats because I can;t summon up any motivation whatsoever, my hour by hour diary that I do for therapy says a lot of bed on it this week so far!

KS

S

SmileyGirl

Hey, ks,
at least you didn't stay in bed till 1pm. Always a sparkle of hope.

I'm sharing the smile today. Pass it on :grouphug:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well done SmileyGirl at least you are achieving your goals you are setting even if it is amongst the duvet days I managed to get the laundry in the washing machine and then I spent the morning in front of the telly on the sofa so didn't go back to bed I suppose it is just about the little steps I agree and I maybe I will try setting myself little goals to do, maybe that would be easier than thinking of the growing mountain of stuff to do.
:hug: KS hope you find a bit of motivation soon I agree with SmileyGirl at least you got up before 1pm :) your diary may say a lot of bed but it does reflect how your feeling still for your therapist.
:grouphug:
messy

S

SmileyGirl

Hurray for not going back to bed (big pat on back).

How are you doing KS? Thinking of you :unsure:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Thanks both
Well I didn;t go back to bed so thats a plus I guess - wow thanks for sharing the smile it was lovely!

KS

S

SmileyGirl

Thats 3 of us then that resisted the pillow and duvet. aren't we ace.

I've been smiling more since coming on here. My brother came around today and said "I'm not being funny but you look normal today"
Bless.....
His little way of a compliment, you gotta love em