• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling very alone and really struggling this evening

L

Lostsoul49

I am really missing company tonight. It would be lovely to share some time with someone, opening a bottle of wine or just chilling. I’ve forgotten what that’s like!

I have no-one! No friends, or a partner, or even work colleagues.

I am sick of always feeling like this. There seems to be no way out of it even though I know what the answers are! Why does everyone else in life have somebody except me? Life feels very cruel and unfair at the moment.

C

Chipotle

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this. It is important to connect with people and enjoy time with other people.

I can relate, though.

M

ManDss

Ive been like that, since years, 5 years, or more, in a row. Its hell for me, life doesnt have any joy.

L

Lukcy2019

I am really missing company tonight. It would be lovely to share some time with someone, opening a bottle of wine or just chilling. I’ve forgotten what that’s like!

I am sick of always feeling like this. There seems to be no way out of it even though I know what the answers are! Why does everyone else in life have somebody except me? Life feels very cruel and unfair at the moment.
Hi
I know how you feel! To be honest I'd love to talk to people and make as many friends but where I live at the moment people are very strange. I invite people around and cook nice foods for them then later I hear gossibs behind my back. It seems like not many people treat me the same or at least similar. So I don't really understand how I can die for another human but when it comes to others they don't even give a monkey about me or my family. I'm not saying everybody I met is the same but unfortunately, most are. By the way, I'm more than happy to talk so you can talk anytime. I know talking is a million times better than typing and of course, we can be friends.
Have a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I hear you. I know your pain all to well. I find it hard to not blurt out my personal life to the people I work with. No one really talks to me. They haven’t done anything wrong. I just don’t have anyone to tell anything to. And I seriously wonder if I could even handle having a friend at this point. I can’t live with or without people.

Sendmetothevoid13

Sendmetothevoid13

Its like a curse isn't it? Not really having anyone to talk to except the thoughts in your head

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

Well, just know you are not alone. Im new in this forum but i feel like this is a place where you can be yourself and people will still hear you, understand you and try to help you.
We can support each other because most of us are struggling with life in one way or another.
Just talk here whenever you need it. We may not be by your side but we are real

L

Lostsoul49

Thank you for your replies. It does feel like only you are going through these issues but it really does help me knowing at least others understand what it is like.

Whilst I still feel lonely, today I did something positive and I’ve booked to go back and start playing badminton with others in a group for the first time in 7 years. I walked into the sports hall and asked directly. It was scary but I was glad that I did it. 👍

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Nice job! I find playing sports is a good way to be around people without having the pressure to talk too much.

mirrormaker

mirrormaker

Wow, thats great! We are often too afraid or feel too lazy to make a moove, but you did it. Congratulations for that!
Now just enjoy the sport and the company of other people. If you feel stressed in the beggining remember that interacting with people becomes easier day after day

L

LayLay95

I feel really alone too....despite anyone thinking I have everything.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

There are many people in this forum who battle loneliness on a daily basis. This last year has been made even worse by the pandemic, those of us with few friends to start with have been isolated even more. I've had one visit to my home in the last year and a half-my niece and her husband and 2 kids stopped over for a couple of hours when they were passing by. That's it. Outside of that one visit it's been me and my 2 dogs. I have to go visit my wife at her place if I want company, nobody ever comes here.

L

Lostsoul49

There are many people in this forum who battle loneliness on a daily basis. This last year has been made even worse by the pandemic, those of us with few friends to start with have been isolated even more. I've had one visit to my home in the last year and a half-my niece and her husband and 2 kids stopped over for a couple of hours when they were passing by. That's it. Outside of that one visit it's been me and my 2 dogs. I have to go visit my wife at her place if I want company, nobody ever comes here.
That’s exactly the same for me. Nobody ever wants to come and visit because I’m on my own and it’s made worse by the fact that everyone around me always appear to have friends and family around! 😥

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

That’s exactly the same for me. Nobody ever wants to come and visit because I’m on my own and it’s made worse by the fact that everyone around me always appear to have friends and family around! 😥
Isn't it miserable trying to exist as an 'island' with almost no social support? When I suffer from anxiety attacks I could sure use the comfort of visitations and feeling I am not alone. It almost never happens.

On top of that, both my dogs are getting older-one has a heart ailment and it's really day to day for him. The other has laryngeal paralysis and probably has less than a year. I have to face both my 'buds' will be gone soon.

I've started drinking a wee bit lately. It's only beer and not hard spirits, but it helps take the edge off my anxiety, which my SSRI medication doesn't do. It helps deal with the loneliness. I hate to fall back on crutches, but since this forum is anonymous and nobody knows who I am I can admit to it. And I still work 50 hours/week at a demanding job, if my colleagues only knew. LOL