Feeling used.

Pickle81

Pickle81

Big hello to anyone who clicked on my post

The reason for my post is because today's events pretty much confirmed what I've been feeling for a long time.

I went to an old friend's 60th birthday party today. She's been planning it for months and in my spare time I have been helping her with certain details. We've known eachother for about 12 years she is considered disabled and I used to work as her home health aide up until 2008. The crowd she attracts is also mostly disabled as well -with the exception of a few working individuals.

Anyhow about 2 hours before her party ended she put me on the spot and asked me if I could give her other friend a ride home. (This friend in need of a ride had a cast on her left foot, is also disabled, and her son commited suicide last year so I couldnt really say no to the situation...) she lives about 15 minutes away from the party and it was in the opposite direction from my 45 minute trip home)

Another example (I will try to keep the story short ) but last year at a reunion some friends that were visiting from out of town put me on the spot to take them to the place that they were staying at. It was way after midnight and the place they needed a ride to was 40 minutes away( I needed to work the next morning as well but that didn't stop them from asking knowing I wouldn't say no)

A 3rd example was (with the same friends in example 2) they do not have a car so I drove nearly 3 hours to visit them, and when I got there all they wanted to do were activities that involved me driving. So I basically drove 3 hours to be their chauffeur!!

And those are just a few situations, it could take me hours to list all the times where someone used me as though I was their personal taxi cab!

I often try to think of ways to avoid giving rides but never really follow through. Last year I went as far as getting a motorcycle permit Lol... chickened out on getting the bike though. I even thought of hiding my car at a nearby buisness and claim to take a bus to their house. Or lie and say that I got dropped off, but fear that I would get caught.

Thanks for reading and I am definitely open to any creative ways of hiding a car from my so called friends as they are going to be back in town again next week!!

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

The reason for my post is because today's events pretty much confirmed what I've been feeling for a long time.

I went to an old friend's 60th birthday party today. She's been planning it for months and in my spare time I have been helping her with certain details. We've known eachother for about 12 years she is considered disabled and I used to work as her home health aide up until 2008. The crowd she attracts is also mostly disabled as well -with the exception of a few working individuals.

Anyhow about 2 hours before her party ended she put me on the spot and asked me if I could give her other friend a ride home. (This friend in need of a ride had a cast on her left foot, is also disabled, and her son commited suicide last year so I couldnt really say no to the situation...) she lives about 15 minutes away from the party and it was in the opposite direction from my 45 minute trip home)

Another example (I will try to keep the story short ) but last year at a reunion some friends that were visiting from out of town put me on the spot to take them to the place that they were staying at. It was way after midnight and the place they needed a ride to was 40 minutes away( I needed to work the next morning as well but that didn't stop them from asking knowing I wouldn't say no)

A 3rd example was (with the same friends in example 2) they do not have a car so I drove nearly 3 hours to visit them, and when I got there all they wanted to do were activities that involved me driving. So I basically drove 3 hours to be their chauffeur!!

And those are just a few situations, it could take me hours to list all the times where someone used me as though I was their personal taxi cab!

I often try to think of ways to avoid giving rides but never really follow through. Last year I went as far as getting a motorcycle permit Lol... chickened out on getting the bike though. I even thought of hiding my car at a nearby buisness and claim to take a bus to their house. Or lie and say that I got dropped off, but fear that I would get caught.

Thanks for reading and I am definitely open to any creative ways of hiding a car from my so called friends as they are going to be back in town again next week!!
Sorry if I sound rude but how difficult is it for you to just say no????
You shouldn't feel used like this. I know it's nice to be nice sometimes. But if you continue being nice they just gonna continue assuming.
Could you do something stupid like remove a wheel for the time they are in town ??
But bear in mind that will only be a accident to them not a refusal . Unless you say something like it gets so much road use that it's hard to keep up on the cost of wheels/ tyres ect.

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Sorry if I sound rude but how difficult is it for you to just say no????
You shouldn't feel used like this. I know it's nice to be nice sometimes. But if you continue being nice they just gonna continue assuming.
Could you do something stupid like remove a wheel for the time they are in town ??
But bear in mind that will only be a accident to them not a refusal . Unless you say something like it gets so much road use that it's hard to keep up on the cost of wheels/ tyres ect.

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

Or you could simply just say you want to have a drink so your gonna leave the car at home