Feeling Too Old

S

sci31A

Still standing up to all the s*** and the people willing to dish it out. I feel I'm getting too old to keep doing this. :shrug:

I go out of my way to avoid people, because most are so god damn rotten, and then there are those who pretend to be nice to your face and you know and they know that their not. So you look him or her in the eye with a firm look and then walk off without a word. :nod1:

I would imagine the BS never truly stops, you either die stressed having stood up to people every day of every week, month and year. Or you give into the scum.

I'm not one for giving in.:confused:

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Still standing up to all the s*** and the people willing to dish it out. I feel I'm getting too old to keep doing this. :shrug:

I go out of my way to avoid people, because most are so god damn rotten, and then there are those who pretend to be nice to your face and you know and they know that their not. So you look him or her in the eye with a firm look and then walk off without a word. :nod1:

I would imagine the BS never truly stops, you either die stressed having stood up to people every day of every week, month and year. Or you give into the scum.

I'm not one for giving in.:confused:
The trouble with getting older is you recognise far more of the bullshit and all the more clearly and your tolerance of it compared to your naive youthful self eager to 'get on' has declined if not disappeared. Any chance of you doing freelance or simply retiring? It worked for me. I just had to adapt to a lower standard of living but it's worth it to be relieved of the stress.

R

Rose19602

Me too!
I'm a grumpy old woman.....and relate to the people who used to be in that tv programme.
Life's too short to put up with a lot of the b/sh*t.....but I know what you mean about being wise enough to know when to react !
x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Talking Therapies 1