• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling to good?

T

Tainted

:unsure::)Hello everyone

I have previously posted that I have suffered from depression for a few years now and that I have stopped (without consulting anybody) my medicatioon ( anti deppresant and mood stabiliser).

The last couple of weeks I have had a few days where I have felt great! I'm not sure if this is the old me coming back and feeling good is a shock to the system or if there is an underlying factor.

However yesterday and today I feel so good it's unforfilling. Yesterday I couldn't keep still, I drank a small bottle of wine before my Physcotherapy group becasue I wanted to continue enjoying myself. I can't sit still, can't stop engaging in conversation. I crashed my car this morning on the way to work, well the driver behind me crashed in to me. I didn't get out of the car or stop as I was focused on getting to work. This afternoon ( when I have finished) work I have to go home as I am waiting for a delivery. I don't know if I can manage it. I'm worried if I go home and can't fulfil my desire to be busy and doing things this will have the negative effect of makeing me feel depressed.

I have a really busy head with things I want to talk through and chat about. I feel like my head is bursting and I need to let it all out.

Has anyone got any advice as to if this is "normal" and what to do this afternoon?

B

Borderline

It sounds like hypomania to me. Unfortunately, it's probably only temporary. I find this happens to me when I switch medications (coming off a medication could do it). I get a burst of energy, motivation and creativity for about two weeks (once lasting 2 months), then it tappers off. Sometimes it precedes a major bout of depression...

Be careful with your money. People who experience hypomania can make very bad financial decisions and regret them later. I've done this myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania

T

Twylight

Yep, as much as I don't like to suggest it. I would take the mood stabiliser again.

T

Tainted

Thanks for your replies.

It's intereting you mention the spending of money, becasue I have noticed I am spending money a lot on things I or others don't need. I feel so good when I have bought something, this can even be the weekly food shopping, makes me feel great for about an pur, until I start looking for somethihg else to buy.

Thanks for your replies they are really helpful.

I'm not sure about takeing the mood stabiliser ( Lithium) again. It had startred to effect my thyroid (became underactive) and I was takeing Thyroxine to help. This was as a direct result of the Lithium. If I start to take the Lithiun then I will have to start thr thyroxine again, and as I haven't taken meds for a while, I wonder if my thyroid may have corrected itself.

Yesterday I got home from work and fell asleep for the afternoon. I think all this rushinjg about is catching up on me physicaly and probabl wont be long until the bank catch up with me too.

T

Twylight

There's another mood stabiliser that I know of called Epilim ( sodium valporate) -- and there might be a few more ?

B

Borderline

I'm on Olanzapine. It's a mood stabilizer and a bunch of other things. It's unfortunately the worst weight-gaining medication in existence, so I have to exercise hard to keep off the poundage.

I've enjoyed my bouts of hypomania. I wish I could stay like that permanently.