• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling tired

B

Bathfiller

lately I’ve been feeling very tired and don’t seem to find any motivation for anything. I do things automatically, like washing dishes, taking a dog out etc.
but as soon as it’s done I just lay on the couch and sometimes fall asleep sometimes just am.
Very little motivation to do anything. Would like to just sleep all day but can’t do that.
I feel angry and irritated too. Recently started counting calories in order to lose weight, I kind of feel now that I can’t eat above my set goal (it’s 1600-1800) but now i have hard timeeven getting that amount, and feel guilty when I eat.
so much confusion going on in my head.
Can it be that I’m entering in some mood change?
I’ve been very stable for 9+months. im taking my meds regulary.
Has anyone had something similar?
Thanks for any answer.

JessisMe

JessisMe

lately I’ve been feeling very tired and don’t seem to find any motivation for anything. I do things automatically, like washing dishes, taking a dog out etc.
but as soon as it’s done I just lay on the couch and sometimes fall asleep sometimes just am.
Very little motivation to do anything. Would like to just sleep all day but can’t do that.
I feel angry and irritated too. Recently started counting calories in order to lose weight, I kind of feel now that I can’t eat above my set goal (it’s 1600-1800) but now i have hard timeeven getting that amount, and feel guilty when I eat.
so much confusion going on in my head.
Can it be that I’m entering in some mood change?
I’ve been very stable for 9+months. im taking my meds regulary.
Has anyone had something similar?
Thanks for any answer.
Do you think the anger and irritability could be the result of hunger from adjusting to the new diet?

B

Bathfiller

Do you think the anger and irritability could be the result of hunger from adjusting to the new diet?
I was feeling like that even before, now it seems that a lot more.

Zana

Zana

We must provide ourselves the best opportunity to battle our issues by maintaining a balanced diet and sticking to a sleep pattern as much as we can. It can be really hard and I should take my own advise but reaching out for help or even just understanding is a good step. It's also great that you've recognized these signs before they escalate too far.

Perhaps you could try not changing your diet too drastically but instead implement gradual changes. That way you're way more likely to stick to the changes you're making so you don't have to feel guilty even when you might not be making as much progress as you'd like. In the end, it will be worth it as you have a greater chance of sticking with it and those gradual changes will all add up. And that age old advise; if you start to feel worse, contact your doctor.

Hope this helps, God bless x

B

Bathfiller

We must provide ourselves the best opportunity to battle our issues by maintaining a balanced diet and sticking to a sleep pattern as much as we can. It can be really hard and I should take my own advise but reaching out for help or even just understanding is a good step. It's also great that you've recognized these signs before they escalate too far.

Perhaps you could try not changing your diet too drastically but instead implement gradual changes. That way you're way more likely to stick to the changes you're making so you don't have to feel guilty even when you might not be making as much progress as you'd like. In the end, it will be worth it as you have a greater chance of sticking with it and those gradual changes will all add up. And that age old advise; if you start to feel worse, contact your doctor.

Hope this helps, God bless x
I myself think that I did it gradually. I started just writing down everything I ate for couple of days, then i saw that I’m eating way too much and tried one day to eat in my range, and now yeah, it feels very guilty to eat, I try to postpone eating as much as I can.
yesterday I saw myself get very excited to see someone else than my bf, I feel I wanna communicate and hang out with people in real life, like I need life around me ( besides my bf,)
I guess the whole quarantine thing is getting me anxious and I wanna be over it and I feel that my head has a lot of ideas and energy but my body is stopping it, my body feels tired and slow.