• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling Threatened and Under alot of stress (duress)

D

dreambuggieII

my mum has terminal cancer and my dad has had a double heart bypass. my sister has manic depression and my older sister secretly has depression. My whole family are nuts.

yesterday was a really bad day as the hallcination were really bad what does this mean? I had really strange dreams about a man white these horrible blue eyes, with his teeth baring and holding a gold dagger. In the dream, a soldier came and took it off him and handed it to me. I put the dagger in my kitchen and began to read a book.

Can someone explain this dream to me? What does it symbolise?

:redface:

A

Apotheosis

Hi, it sounds like you are going through a lot at the moment. What support do you have in place? Try to take things easy; I now that is sometimes easier said than done.

A

Apotheosis

I had really strange dreams about a man white these horrible blue eyes, with his teeth baring and holding a gold dagger. In the dream, a soldier came and took it off him and handed it to me. I put the dagger in my kitchen and began to read a book.

Can someone explain this dream to me? What does it symbolise?
I can give one possible explanation - but it may be well off the mark.

Characters in dreams can often represent aspects of ourselves. The man with the blue eyes may represent a scary aspect of yourself; a part of yourself which is a threat to you. Taking the golden dagger from him, could represent gaining control of some 'self destructive' aspect of yourself; & that being of value to do so. reading the book could signify knowledge or self knowledge as a means of overcoming these 'other' elements to yourself; or maybe that in gaining a greater insight & control over certain things leads to increased knowledge.

Would any of that make sense?

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
I googled dream symbols and a few sites with some interesting stuff came up.

"To dream that you take a dagger from somebody's hand, means you will overcome hardships and misfortune."

"To see or dream that you are a soldier in your dream, signifies discipline, structure, rigidity and your staunch attitude. You may be imposing your opinions and feelings on others. Alternatively, you are preparing yourself to do battle over an issue. You feel the need to defend your beliefs, values and opinions."

Those two ideas link in quite well :)

"To see books in your dream, indicates calmness. You are moving toward your goals at a slow and steady pace. Books also symbolize knowledge, intellect, information and wisdom."

"Seeing someone's eye or eyes in a dream can mean you feel they're watching or criticizing you in real life, or the eyes can represent their essence or soul. Seeing just eyes looking at you in a dream can mean you're feeling watched or aware of how others see you, or it can be a result of your asking for or calling for help in a dream."

Blue is apparently the colour of spirituality.

"A person's teeth can relate to your feelings about that person's:

Health and well-being
Ability to do things for oneself or handle tasks in one's own life
Ability to articulate and express oneself"

The fact that the teeth were bared..or exposed...indicates vunerability.

I think only you'll be able to make any sense from all that :)

Hope you're feeling better, look after yourself. :flowers:

W

whiteeagle

A friend of mine suggests:

"man with horrible blue eyes"
May represent someone who is a threat to you. Maybe this person has blue eyes.
"teeth baring"
May be someone is angry toward you.
"holding a gold dagger"
May represent safety and protection.
"soldier came, took it off him and gave it to [you]"
May be giving you the power to provide the safety and protection for yourself.
"put dagger in the kitchen and began to read a book"
May be beginning to accept that you are safe and can learn (from the book) that you are in control.

I would view a possibility along the following lines:

"man with horrible blue eyes, teeth baring, holding a dagger"
You may be afraid of something, a genuine fear, perhaps of slander, criticism, or more likely something to do with developing an intimate relationship.

"soldier came, took it off him and gave it to [you]"
The thing you are afraid of won't happen.

"put dagger in the kitchen and began to read a book"
As the thing you are afraid of won't happen, you should move on and feel free to pursue an interest that will lead to personal development.