• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

feeling strong urges

F

fairylulu

So after another completely pointless argument with my husband and hardly any sleep after my son decided to play up last night I'm having some really strong urges to self harm. My husband is currently upstairs doing nothing as usual leaving me to sort our son he hasnt done anything all weekend he has actually been out most of it so I have had no help, support or much sleep I feel so stressed and fed up and I know if I self harm I will feel some relief from how I'm feeling, it's been nearly 3 years since the last time but today Im just so tempted I think I'm reaching my breaking point.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Oh, I'm sorry your having these urges, is there something you can do until the urges pass? Maybe something with your son, chatting on here? Taking your son up to hubby and go for a bath?

F

fairylulu

I'm trying to sort my son's tea out its distracting a Lil bit but the thoughts just won't go away I would love to be able to give my son to his dad and take a nice bath but I'm to scared to even ask him

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry you are scared to ask your husband to look after your son for a little bit.

I do really hope you can distract yourself enough from all the urges, I know how hard it is when it's on your mind constantly.

xxx

V

Viktoria

I have very little words to say (I'm feeling confused myself atm) but I really hope you can resist the urge. Many many fairy hugs :hug1:

E

echo66

Hey fairylulu
(((hugs))) you have done so well to go 3 years without SHing, but I don't think the temptation ever really goes away, so don't beat yourself up about it if you give in to the urge, it sounds as though you have enough on your plate without chastising yourself about that too. Just know that you went for 3 years and you can do it again.... if you do give in, it is a temporary blip, nothing more.. ok?

You sound so tired hun, do you never get any help from your husband with childcare? That sounds very unfair, especially if he hasn't been particularly busy. Do you have any other help or support at all may I ask?

Sending kind thoughts and hope you can get through this rough time.

Echo xx

F

fairylulu

My husband hardly does anything I have to ask him to help with our son it's almost like it's work to him I feel so alone and just so exhausted . I try not to let anyone know how bad things are but right now I just want to give up on everything I just feel so down

E

echo66

I'm so sorry you are in this position fairylulu, it is incredibly unfair of him to expect you to do all the childcare without any input from him, no wonder you feel alone and exhausted - has it always been that way?. Do you have any family that can provide any help at all? There is no shame in reaching out for help hun, everyone needs help at some time or other in their lives.

Is there something nice and relaxing you can do just for you once the little one is in bed? Even if only having a relaxing bath, reading for 20 minutes or just chilling out for a while on the sofa? The world isn't going to end if the dishes aren't washed, the beds aren't made or the rubbish not put out... you need some 'me time' and I bet you aren't getting it... small breaks during the day, even if only for 5 or 10 minutes where you just switch off and take time to breathe can make a big difference.

Sending (((hugs))) because you sound like you need them.

Echo xx