• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling strange sensation in head every so often?

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Every now and then, I have this strange sensation that comes over my head, it lasts for a few seconds, its been like this for a few weeks, ime not sure if its lightheaded I have felt abit dizzy at times...

But this sensation, would you know what it is, I was looking up brain conditions yesterday to see what it could be, and then this feeling came overme again, is it something to do with Panic? I get nervous aot, I run alot too as training, should I drink more water?

It sometimes happens when Ime running too, its a rally weird horrid feeling that happens for a few seconds you feel like your going to faint...

any ideas thanks guys =] just wondering if u know what it might be

it dont happen that often, but there is some dizziness I have too, I feel this when I come of a bike after riding abit, I feel weird to walk around after using it...

I could only describe the weird sensation like a tingle feeling, its closer enough but its kinda not a tingle feeling, its real hard to describe :(

maybe its because i panic sometimes? maybe I need to calm down?

A

Apotheosis

:welcome:. I get it too - exactly what you describe. Around 7 years ago I used to get dizzy spells which were exactly like the head rush you get sometimes when you stand up too quickly, they would come on in normal activity & last up to 10 minutes, or quarter of an hour. I still get it sometimes, for no particular reason. I also get the odd tingly sensations, like my brain is vibrating or something, as you say hard to describe. I put it down to the tablets.

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Tablets

You said something about tablets? I take no tablets :( so it wouldent be anything to do with tablets... should I go see a doctor?

I could try drinking more water...?

A

Apotheosis

It could be anything; quite literally & I am not a doctor, although I like to think sometimes that I'm more knowledgeable than most of them. ;)

Do you drink alcohol? Take any kind of drug? Exercise enough? What is your diet like?

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Ime only 14, i run alot, (i run up to 15 mile a week), Obvously i dotn drink at 14, but just wondering if i should drink more water? :)

My diet well lets just say its not the best diet... :(

A

Apotheosis

Well - we are made primarily of water; & it is a very good idea to drink a lot of it, especially if you are loosing fluids through running. I drink a lot of fluids & a lot of water.

Diet can impact health a lot - a healthy diet should consist of nothing processed & nothing with additives, or as few as additives as possible. So fresh meat & fish, & fresh fruit & veg as much as possible; with variety within all the main food groups.

If you eat junk food? which so many do, well it is proved to be very bad for health, probably more so than anything else. I used to live out of KFC & Mc Donalds, & along with other things it contributed to make me ill. It is very rare that I ever go into such places any more. Maybe once a year, if that these days.

D

Dollit

Alan if you're only 14 you shouldn't be looking up things to fit a symptom on the internet - it's bad enough when adults do it! If you are seriously worried then go and see your GP. The question about the water is a little pointless - the amount of fluid we should take in varies from person to person and also it has to do with the moisture content of your diet.

Do yourself a big favour and get to your GP and talk to someone in person - your parents might be a good start or a counsellor at school. Bodily changes are vast and varied at 14 so don't read too much into it. Let us know how you get on. :hug:

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Alan if you're only 14 you shouldn't be looking up things to fit a symptom on the internet - it's bad enough when adults do it! If you are seriously worried then go and see your GP. The question about the water is a little pointless - the amount of fluid we should take in varies from person to person and also it has to do with the moisture content of your diet.

Do yourself a big favour and get to your GP and talk to someone in person - your parents might be a good start or a counsellor at school. Bodily changes are vast and varied at 14 so don't read too much into it. Let us know how you get on. :hug:
but ime scared what if its serous like a tumour or something :(

D

Dollit

It's highly unlikely to be a tumour - they're extremely rare. And it it was you'd be doing yourself a favour by finding it early and getting it treated. Also not all tumours are malignant - a guy I know has had one for about 20 years and he still leads a normal life.

Reading up this sort of stuff on the internet just fuels the imagination, it rarely informs as it should.

And it's not just you who feels like that, most people do at sometime or another.

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Thanks, ill go see my doctor, its probbably nothing serous ? as I still am able to get around with my daily life easy...

will i have to have brain scans and stuff?

D

Dollit

All you'll have to do is talk - MRI scans have a waiting list and they cost a fortune so you won't have to have one unless there's a good reason. You'll feel better once you've been.

X

xAlanxEnglandx

Thanks you made me feel muchbetter about going,

I was just getting really worried and upset about it thinking all crazy thoughts like brain tumours or some sort of brain disease,

Ime glad you made me feel better ime booked in for a appointment =]