• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling so low

M

MacLeod

I had depression for a long time now sometimes I feel ok other days,weeks or months I feel very extremely low and for me the low part is back.

Not long ago my tablets were changed and its not getting any better lately I have felt so tired all I want to do is sleep and I keep getting extremely cold it feels like anyway and no appetite no motivation no nothing and I'm currently having to visit the place everyday to look for a job ( not the job centre) and for me there's nothing but bad jobs which will make my depression worse but I have no choice but to apply for them.

It just feels like I will only ever have a dead end job and I don't cope with change well at all I freaks me out a bit which makes things worse I feel like I'm stuck and there's no light at the end of the tunnel so to speak,

And all I can think about is death just ended all this crap once and for all the only thing stopping me is my girlfriend but even that's getting to the point were that wont stop me.

B

balancekeeper

Hope things start Going back to OK for you.

I know its hard, for most of Normal people job hunting is hard, For someone in your place its way worse, but Try to Hope for a better tomorrow (even though its not easy)

SarahD

SarahD

Hi MacLeod, sorry you are feeling so bad. It is good that there are some times that you feel ok. Try to hang on to that because you can see things can improve if they have in the past.

I see you have recently changed your meds. Some meds can make you feel worse before better, and some can make you feel suicidal. So whether you are under the GP or psychiatrist you should really let them know if you are having suicidal feelings.

Life is hard and job hunting can be awful. There are a lot of things making you feel bad at the moment. When you are depressed everything is harder to deal with, hard to keep any perspective on things. Try to remember that depression colours everything grey, and you are not seeing clearly at the moment. Please talk to the doctor if you are feeling suicidal or that the tablets aren't helping - often the newer ones work in a few weeks, usually you can tell if they are working for you by two months.

M

MacLeod

Thank you people for the support, help etc I still don't feel any better just worse I feel like I'm stepping backwards every time I feel like this I should be used to it by now but I'm not I feel like I'm an unimployed waste of space who should be put down. Will this ever end or is death the answer because it feels like it is. Someone kills themselves every hour one more wouldn't hurt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taffy Depression Forum 2
K Depression Forum 26
I Depression Forum 4
D Depression Forum 5
A Depression Forum 11