• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feeling so low no confidence

I

invisible2014

Hi my work of 7 years have put me on zero hour and for first time in three months I've only been offered five hours and they got s temp worker working all term and feeling hurt they got her and didn't ask me to do it .I'm on zero hours because I'm an assistant and don't feel comfortable being a key worker but this temp worker is being an assistant and not a key worker.ive been applying for lots of jobs but feel too stressed and I'll I get so terrified of interview and don't want zoom interview. than I feel the new staff seem to undermine me .it's the policy to chop grapes up because of choking hazard so I went to do that and got a sarky comment you know they won't do that at school ,I said it's the policy still feel stupid.im feeling so low I'll anxious about future and depressed just don't want to wake up anymore feeling so I'll to go for job interviews right now and feel so low confidence

A

albagobragh

Hi @invisible2014. You are doing the right thing by following policy and besides, grapes are a choking hazard for young children. So I'd ignore the comment. It sounds like you are a good employee to me.

As for other jobs, try to look at it is a new opportunity if you get the chance for one. I know it's difficult to apply yourself to interviews when you are feeling low, I've been there, but try to look at it as a clean slate and an opportunity. Are there thing you enjoy doing that will lift your mood?

I

invisible2014

Thank you Albagobragh
At moment it probably sounds bad but I'm so tearful depressed that I just lie in bed all day

A

albagobragh

Hi invisible2014, I know it's difficult and work can make you feel low if it is not going well. It is a big part of our lives. Have you talked to your GP about how you are feeling? I know it's hard, but try to set yourself a little routine of getting out of bed and doing things you enjoy. You are worth more than feeling this way.

A

albagobragh

Just as an aside, I worked for a company for 9 years and felt out-of-place and undermined almost from the day I joined. It got really bad toward the end and I eventually faced redundancy. I felt so low at that point in time. I was out of work for 5 months before I found another job and it was a very difficult time. I wasn't feeling great so I felt it so hard to sell myself during interviews so I can really relate to what you are saying. If your employer isn't valuing you then it's time to vote with your feet as you are thinking of doing and finding something else.

I

invisible2014

Thank you albagobragh sorry you was in same situation.i feel so let down and but and doesn't feel like things will ever get better

A

albagobragh

No problem invisible2014, I can really relate to what you are saying. Things got better for me and I'm sure they will for you too. As I said, you are worth more than being made to feel the way you are feeling. When we feel low it is difficult to pick ourselves up particularly when we feel stressed about something that is out-with our control. You can't control the hours you get and it is all too easy to take snide comments personally but just keep doing your job as you are meant to and keep looking for something better. Things can get better, you can get through this.

I

invisible2014

Thank you I get invited to interviews but end up feeling too terrified to go so duct out but I really want something better I'm so unhappy.i used to love my job on a permanent contract

I

invisible2014

I will never forget yesterday lots of children waved me bye and was sad I was going

A

albagobragh

Thank you I get invited to interviews but end up feeling too terrified to go so duct out but I really want something better I'm so unhappy.i used to love my job on a permanent contract
Is there someone you can speak to in the first instance about your hours? Don't make it about you versus other people, just ask if you can do more hours if that's what you want to do. Interviews can be daunting but just see it as an opportunity to do something better and/or different. When I go to interviews I try to have the mindset of 'what can I bring to the party', that way it helps my confidence and helps me to sell myself.

I

invisible2014

Sadly they don't care they put me on zero hours because I don't want to be a practioner