• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling so lost and confused

237BPDGoth

I have been going back and forth with a new hobby that I've wanted to do. Liking it and feeling as though it's somehow going to make things better, change my life and then thinking that it's stupid and wondering what I'm doing. And tonight when I was about to start something I had to light a candle and the lighter wouldn't work and I lost it. Suddenly I feel like a complete joke. What an idiot. Whats the point in doing anything? Why am I alive? I hate myself and I want to hurt myself but I'm not allowed to. I have no-one to talk to. I feel so alone. And it's so destabilising when you don't know who you are. What do I like? Why don't I know that? I'm just a nobody.

S

Shiroki

I have been going back and forth with a new hobby that I've wanted to do. Liking it and feeling as though it's somehow going to make things better, change my life and then thinking that it's stupid and wondering what I'm doing. And tonight when I was about to start something I had to light a candle and the lighter wouldn't work and I lost it. Suddenly I feel like a complete joke. What an idiot. Whats the point in doing anything? Why am I alive? I hate myself and I want to hurt myself but I'm not allowed to. I have no-one to talk to. I feel so alone. And it's so destabilising when you don't know who you are. What do I like? Why don't I know that? I'm just a nobody.
You are not nobody, you are someone with thoughts and feelings and your life matters and has value. That being said it’s okay to like something, hobbies can be very healthy depending on the hobby. I don’t think you what you like should matter to anyone but you.

237BPDGoth

You are not nobody, you are someone with thoughts and feelings and your life matters and has value. That being said it’s okay to like something, hobbies can be very healthy depending on the hobby. I don’t think you what you like should matter to anyone but you.
Thank you for your reply. The problem with hobbies is that I base what I like on who I'm watching on TV and get really excited about it. Do research get books/whatever is needed and then I lose interest and it's all been a waste of time. I have no interests of my own. If someone was to ask me what I like I have no idea. I feel like I'm losing my mind :(

S

Shiroki

Thank you for your reply. The problem with hobbies is that I base what I like on who I'm watching on TV and get really excited about it. Do research get books/whatever is needed and then I lose interest and it's all been a waste of time. I have no interests of my own. If someone was to ask me what I like I have no idea. I feel like I'm losing my mind :(
That’s ok, and honestly in order to find what you like, you’re going to have to try new things. But that’s ok, and finding who you are is a beautiful thing.