• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling so depressed why does this have to happen to us?

Carol1952

Carol1952

It starts out with bad anxieties then it hits me with server depression it is kind of like I am depressed because I am anxious.You know what i mean i called my shrink so i can still do the visit over the phone which is good i told the girl with this virus thing i just dont feel comfortable going out she said it was fine and it would be over the phone,I had a lousy night I could only sleep for one hour I was all to rattled to go to sleep then when i did fall back to sleep it was only for two hours I tried watching tv working on the computer but I was so upset .I am itching like crazy I was told by one of my doctors that anxieties can make u itch. I feel like I need a bath but I dont because I just washed.it is on my arms.I do feel a wee bit better that I called my doctor.Still I just dont understand why this happens out of the blue from nowhere the anxieties and depression comes.I cannnot seem to have anxieties anymore without having depression and now i am seeing black things like shadows they disappear after a few seconds yes I was told that was anxieties.I cannot even go outside because it is just way to hot and humid out there .This itching all started after I got a sunburn.I am sure it will stop. WHat can u do it gets to be so frustrating..Sometimes I can be just laying there and i break down and cry.I have bipolar too. along with a mood disorder.I hate being like this why cant i be normal just like everyone else?

L

LokiPokey75

Hi Carol1952!

That sounds like a very difficult spiral! I'm so sorry you've had to experience this over and over. Your symptoms sound pretty overwhelming. Have you tried any medications?

If you're not comfortable with that, then you might want to try just identifying your core fears. Spend some time with yourself. What is making you most anxious? Write it down and see where the thoughts lead you.

I found that in order to truly get better, I had to be ready. I had to be in a place where I wanted to work hard to overcome my OCD and depression. It may take some time for you to get there and that's okay. Keep talking to your therapist. Learn how to detach the negativity from your thoughts. It's hard to be positive if you haven't learned to remove the negative.

Oh and by the way, you are normal. We all have fears, just to varying degrees. If you want to get better, you will. And I wish you all the best that you do someday.

Good luck and stay safe!

Carol1952

Carol1952

I do take meds ,klonopin ,inderel ,trileptol is for mood swings i think it maybe for depression but if it isnt then i got nothing for it.buspar.cogendon sound slike also know as benzt i dotn know the spelling it is suppose to help with side effects and restless legs.ya and i know that the irus crap is upsetting me.We have had a heat wave no rain in site maybe i should go outside and do some rain dancing.lol can u see me doing that?

Carol1952

Carol1952

My allergies are bothering me so now i ma having trouble with seeing out oif my left eye well i do have cataracts there ,my eyes are itching which makess it hard to see,i am getting very anxious and panicky here the dpression is back i have to go and lay down i need a pill so bad i feel like i got restless leg too, ugh ,i am so fed up.I got nobody to talk to.Why me why cant i live one single day without being anxious depressed,I hate this mental illness.

B

bazza

onei know how u feel i to feel like that and i hate it the meds dont seem to be working got no one to talk to.im new on here and hoping some will throw some light on why it keeps happening.what it must feel like to be normal day after day.i cry most days cause i cant make head nor tail of this depression etc at least i dont feel im battleing alone with this forum.hope u soon feel a bit brighter.xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

onei know how u feel i to feel like that and i hate it the meds dont seem to be working got no one to talk to.im new on here and hoping some will throw some light on why it keeps happening.what it must feel like to be normal day after day.i cry most days cause i cant make head nor tail of this depression etc at least i dont feel im battleing alone with this forum.hope u soon feel a bit brighter.xx
Hello Bazza. Welcome to the forum. You may like to introduce yourself on this thread. That way we can all greet you. :)

Carol1952

Carol1952

Hi I am sorry that you arent feeling well.I also have a mood disorder which doesnt help either.I do cry sometimes when I am depressed.Then I get upset wondering why this happens to me.

T

TyFence

Everybody has something. We have mi but someone could be poor, or have physical illness, or be plagued by hate, or be neurotic or a lot of stuff. But this is the hand we,ve got to play, it could be worse!? I feel for you @Carol1952 i read you post all the way through and I just felt bad that you are suffering so. It’s sad and no one should have to. If I want a little stability then I have to suck it up and do my part. But sometimes I let it go and fall, but at least I am getting stronger.
its all so painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carol1952

Carol1952

Everybody has something. We have mi but someone could be poor, or have physical illness, or be plagued by hate, or be neurotic or a lot of stuff. But this is the hand we,ve got to play, it could be worse!? I feel for you @Carol1952 i read you post all the way through and I just felt bad that you are suffering so. It’s sad and no one should have to. If I want a little stability then I have to suck it up and do my part. But sometimes I let it go and fall, but at least I am getting stronger.
its all so painful.
Thank you.I have had this since i was about 25 for over 40 years now so i have lived most of my entire life with this crap

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Hey Carol . All I can say is depression and anxiety suck . It's like breathing poisoned air and wondering why you are struggling to breath . We get treated like shit in the community as if any thing we say is not valid . Whilst other people go around lying manipulating and have a happy excistence . It sucks to have empathy .

T

TyFence

No it’s reall very good empathy @above.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Hey Carol . All I can say is depression and anxiety suck . It's like breathing poisoned air and wondering why you are struggling to breath . We get treated like shit in the community as if any thing we say is not valid . Whilst other people go around lying manipulating and have a happy excistence . It sucks to have empathy .
you got that right.Mental illness gets a bad rap always has.

P

Prycejosh1987

It seems a vary of mental issues are in your life. Command these negative thoughts away. You will always have problems in life, so will i. The best thing to do is get the right support. Carol, you need to see a therapist, if medication itself is not working.