Feeling so alone

C

Cleopatra_

Hi there everyone,

This is my first time posting here. I hope ye are all doing as well as ye can be. I guess I'm posting here because I was recently diagnosed with BPD. I struggle with loneliness and feeling like I don't have anyone in the world, even though I do have a couple of friends and a partner. I spend most of my time checking my phone to see if someone has messaged me and I get agitated when I see that nobody has. On the other hand if I have a few messages at times I feel overwhelmed like everyone wants something from me that I can't give. I guess I'm just looking for someone to say "Yeah I get that".

Thanks,

Cleo

BPDevil

BPDevil

I used to feel and do this all the time, I found that it stemmed from wanting to be wanted by specific people I cared the most about

Usually others associate feeling lonely with wanting more friends, but that wasn't the case. If someone I wasn't that close too talked to me I would still feel incredibly lonely, but if someone I wanted attention from did it would make my day, so I do get it

I guess that's why they say quality over quantity

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

for a start welcome to the forum :)

im married and i have BPD but i also suffer from loneliness,
i think with BPD sometimes you want people around and sometimes you just dont

C

Cleopatra_

I used to feel and do this all the time, I found that it stemmed from wanting to be wanted by specific people I cared the most about

Usually others associate feeling lonely with wanting more friends, but that wasn't the case. If someone I wasn't that close too talked to me I would still feel incredibly lonely, but if someone I wanted attention from did it would make my day, so I do get it

I guess that's why they say quality over quantity
Thank you so much for your reply BPDevil. You are so right, if someone I don't really want to talk to messages me then I still feel lonely but if it's someone I care about it lifts my whole mood.

for a start welcome to the forum :)

im married and i have BPD but i also suffer from loneliness,
i think with BPD sometimes you want people around and sometimes you just dont
Thank you very much for the welcome Soulsearcher :)
Yeah I guess there are times when I want to hide away from the world and I can't face people but I still feel alone and then there are times that I'm craving attention. Unfortunately it mostly seems to be male attention that I'm craving too :redface:

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Thank you so much for your reply BPDevil. You are so right, if someone I don't really want to talk to messages me then I still feel lonely but if it's someone I care about it lifts my whole mood.

Thank you very much for the welcome Soulsearcher :)
Yeah I guess there are times when I want to hide away from the world and I can't face people but I still feel alone and then there are times that I'm craving attention. Unfortunately it mostly seems to be male attention that I'm craving too :redface:
i think its human nature to crave attention and to be feel like youre wanted,
but then i also understand the need to have your 'own time'

i think just take it as it comes and take each day at a time

C

Cleopatra_

i think its human nature to crave attention and to be feel like youre wanted,
but then i also understand the need to have your 'own time'

i think just take it as it comes and take each day at a time
Thank you Soulsearcher. I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I'm trying to keep myself occupied so I stop checking my phone but it's tough. I just hate that my moods depend on who contacts me or who doesn't.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Thank you Soulsearcher. I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I'm trying to keep myself occupied so I stop checking my phone but it's tough. I just hate that my moods depend on who contacts me or who doesn't.
i feel like that at times too

im still feeling low and suicidal,
ive always been suicidal since my teens so its not something new

tragicpink

tragicpink

hi welcome to the forum<3 i also have bpd and i completely understand this need

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Hi Cleopatra I am so extremely needy lately and check my phone all the time. In my case I have a few friends, no so, and feel like I am clinging to absolutely everyone I meet. The friends I have aren't enough. For a while I was feeling better and my emailing slowed, but now I am just emailing new people to the same level I did earlier.

I need to be allowed to go crazy I guess.... I was bulimic for 15 years and it is like that, way worse than when I was a teenager.

Friends I have emailed before are starting to slow their interaction with me, so like a vampire or zombie I am having to reach farther and farther out to satiate the need.