• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feeling so alone & miserable

S

Sophie242

Hi all.. this is the first time I've ever used this forum. I have no one to talk to in my life who understands depression. Consequently they don't have time for it so I keep it bottled up and end up feeling even more sad & isolated. I'm 31 and have never had an adult relationship (last relationship was when I was 20) all my friends are in seemingly happy relationships with kids, nice houses, good jobs etc. I am really messed up in my head which makes it so hard to date and have successful relationships. I live a lie constantly because I don't want people to see that I'm actually a miserable, really depressed person. I think I'm unsuccessful with relationships because I'm living a lie & not being my true self. I just feel so sad & hopeless pretty much every day. I often wonder what the point of living like this is & I'm so sad that I've got to that point. I hate that I feel like this. Can anyone relate?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I can relate
I think most on this forum can too

Depression can make it harder to achieve those dreams and I'm sad about it too. I'm still hopeful for marriage and dont want to be too old.

Too late for children I think but I have 2 cats. Sounds a bit sad ;)

Are you considering suicide? Please dont. There is more to life than a family. Your life is precious and you can make a difference to others lives. You can be happy.

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome to the forum Sophie. As you can see from all the posts, indeed many people can relate. Hope you'll find some small bit of comfort here.

S

StillDepressed

Quite a lot of us have to put a mask on to get through life, we can't put our real self out there. Have you seen your Doctor re: your depression?

L

Leggyane

You are still very young you know. Please stay safe. Hang on in. . It's so hard living like this, I'm very unwell at present. That's why I also joined this site, to get some support and hopefully give some back. I find just reading the posts x

I

invisible man

Former member
@Sophie242 I feel very much the same as you most days. Have a negative view on the world rn Just wanted to say you’re not alone.

Racer

Racer

Hi Sophie, sorry to hear you are dealing with depression. i am glad you found this forum. you are not alone, and i think you will find a lot of support here.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Here is some information that may be of help.

Help for suicidal thoughts

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can also call one of the above helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
How are you this morning?

S

Sophie242

Thank you all so much for your replies. It really helps to hear that other people just understand and get it. I think this forum will be a place to go to in dark moments. I'm glad I've found it

S

Sophie242

Quite a lot of us have to put a mask on to get through life, we can't put our real self out there. Have you seen your Doctor re: your depression?
Thank you. I have seen my doctor who referred me for therapy which did help but since finishing it I'm struggling again. The meds they prescribed me weren't working for me as they were giving me bad fatigue. I have contacted my therapist to see if I can get more intensive therapy. Fingers crossed that will help some more. It's really comforting to know you share my struggles

B

Bod

Former member
Hi all.. this is the first time I've ever used this forum. I have no one to talk to in my life who understands depression. Consequently they don't have time for it so I keep it bottled up and end up feeling even more sad & isolated. I'm 31 and have never had an adult relationship (last relationship was when I was 20) all my friends are in seemingly happy relationships with kids, nice houses, good jobs etc. I am really messed up in my head which makes it so hard to date and have successful relationships. I live a lie constantly because I don't want people to see that I'm actually a miserable, really depressed person. I think I'm unsuccessful with relationships because I'm living a lie & not being my true self. I just feel so sad & hopeless pretty much every day. I often wonder what the point of living like this is & I'm so sad that I've got to that point. I hate that I feel like this. Can anyone relate?

Hello Sophie242, I am sorry that you are suffering and feeling so isolated and sad and that is just what depression can do to us as well as many other things. I can fully relate to bottling things up and not having anyone that we can talk to and get an answer like YES I know just how you are feeling. Sadly my depression can change in an instant as I can feel really great and happy about my self and then BANG it's like WTF is going on now with me and it hits us so bloody hard too, I was like that yesterday as I have been having some really great days as all it took was a letter off the NHS that sent my mind in overdrive and overloaded me with dread and I was in a very dark place in my head and mind so I tried my best to talk to some lovely members here in the forum as well as venting which did help then I had an early night as I was so mentally drained that it knocked me for six. I normally have an early morning walk down to Brighton sea front and along Hove Lawns, but this morning I changed that routine and walked to Hove park and chilled out with our dog. If you can try and motivate your self to go out for some walks as Brighton and Hove is such a lovely place to walk, even Devils Dyke can be so refreshing on a walk just seeing all the country side around. I hope you will stick around as the forum is so very helpful to us all here.