• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling selfish.

X

xxxmetal-chickxxx

I care what people think. I can't help it. I'm just the person who will bend over backwards to please someone... Even if they treat me like poo.

I've been having those thoughts of either hurting or just going lately. I think about it a lot and I'm then guilt ridden with feeling selfish.

My husbands words always plays in my head how he has no sympathy for those who end it and are selfish. And I'm thinking what he would be like and what he would say to our kids if I ever did.

I feel selfish for thinking and doing this to myself and it makes me 1,000,000 times worse.

I don't know how to react or sort myself out. I'm on antidepressant and they aren't even working. No hope. Could just crawl up into a ball a sleep this year away.

valleygirl

valleygirl

I'm sorry you are feeling so miserable right now, and that your husband isn't more understanding. You are not selfish--you are just hurting, and it's not selfish to be in pain. It must make you feel like you can't talk to him about what you are going through. I can imagine how lonely that must feel. Could you try talking to your doctor about trying a different medication? And what about therapy? I don't know what I'd do without having my therapist to talk to. I hope your husband isn't against therapy, too.

C

Caro5

if your anti depressants aren't working then you need to either try a higher dose or a different type. Go back to your GP. I did and was shocked at the difference (a positive difference). Keep being courageous because for a person to keep going when they feel so awful is truly courageous. Hold that thought. Keep breathing. It will get better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Depression Forum 6
Faith198 Depression Forum 4
G Depression Forum 23
R Depression Forum 1
manicmonday Depression Forum 13