Feeling scared

E

EstherRose94

The episode of the sitcom I watch every day when I drink my coffee was about death and I started thinking about what if my boyfriend dies and I’m feeling hurt that he doesn’t wanna live with me yet.

Im a huge sappy mess rn. I want to keep my feelings more calm but I feel scared of losing my bf whether by death or by him not committing. Why wouldn’t he commit now? We might not have that much time 😢

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I think what you feeling is more to do with yourBPD than your boyfriend but someone with BPD may be able to advise you better. Have you been with your bf for long

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

It sounds like your BPD is starting to make you feel clingy towards him and feeling anxious as well, just the impression I get :hug:

E

EstherRose94

Yeah I guess so. How do people get close without getting clingy? Lol. I’m either kinda clingy or distant.

BPDevil

BPDevil

Yeah I guess so. How do people get close without getting clingy? Lol. I’m either kinda clingy or distant.
from all the threads you've posted, it sounds as if you don't have much of a life outside of your boyfriend, maybe that's something that you should work on to help you and your relationship, if your focus is always on him, then yeah you will be overthinking everything he says and does, that isn't healthy for either of you

you should both be committed but still learn to keep each other at a distant and have other focuses in your life

E

EstherRose94

from all the threads you've posted, it sounds as if you don't have much of a life outside of your boyfriend, maybe that's something that you should work on to help you and your relationship, if your focus is always on him, then yeah you will be overthinking everything he says and does, that isn't healthy for either of you

you should both be committed but still learn to keep each other at a distant and have other focuses in your life

You are absolutely right. I’ve been slowly trying to convince myself to do that and I’m getting closer so I guess I should take the leap. I want to volunteer, that’s my step one.