Feeling really overwhelmed right now

B

BlueDev

I don't know how in the real world anyone does it! You got all those responsibilities in the world and people are still happy and enjoying their lives. I find it hard to do that when you're so overwhelmed and it's like you're falling apart.

I don't understand how some people can stay in business the way they do run them. That's especially with insurance companies!

I've been my dentist in August, it's late November and they're still sending me bills to pay up because my insurance has not paid a cent. I've been going to the same dentist since I was 19 (almost 38 now) and there has never been a problem with insurance before. I've always had the same ones all these years. I got a statement in September saying they filed with the insurance. So far, nothing. No indication that the insurance has paid at all or even denied it. I've been on the phone once a month for a few days every time I got a new billing statement each month with the dentist, trying to figure out what's going. I had another insurance and thought they could participate with them but it took a while before I found out they don't so I'm stuck with the same insurance I've had all along, which never caused problems. The dentist said they re-filed and it's been over a month and insurance has not paid at all, which is really not like them at all. I don't know if the dentist's office re-filed it correctly or not and I asked for some kind of proof or record that they re-filed it and she said she'd send an email with that and so far, nothing. There's proof they filed it right after I saw the dentist but not when they re-filed. So I have no idea what's going on, whose fault it is or what I'm supposed to do next. Has anyone ever called the insurance company themselves to see if they even got the claim at all? The dentist said she'd call them on the phone and that was two days ago. Heard nothing.

I don't understand people in business when they say they'll do something then they don't. Isn't it their responsibilities to do their job and do what they told you they'd do? I ordered some medical supplies just after Thanksgiving and they said to call if they didn't call back to let me know they arrived at the store. I called this morning after hearing nothing and they said, "oh you gotta talk to the manager because I have no idea what's going on and she won't be in til noon." Are businesses really supposed to be opened when no manager is available?? What if something in a store went wrong and there's no manager? Why do only managers have to deal with customers? So many businesses are completely unorganized! How hard it be to get something you need into a store from the warehouse and how hard is it to really call you back when it's not arrived yet, especially when they told you they'd call if the supplies hadn't arrived?

I submitted in some paperwork for approval about a month ago and they have to do a criminal background too. How long can a criminal background check take? The person I know too well since she was born, the paperwork is for her and she's no trouble at all but they still require a background check anyway.

Finally, I have to get some bloodwork done for a doctor's appointment which is not a problem. The only thing is they don't take appointments, only walk-ins and I don't drive so I have to depend on someone else to take me. I usually take public transportation but I have to tell them what time to get me after I'm done and there's no way to know because no one knows how busy it is until you get there.

I'm telling you, I'm in way over my head! I don't know how anyone deals with all of this senseless crap when insurance companies, doctors and businesses should be running way better than they are. Everything is all happening at one time and it's too much. They could've made it easier for me but for whatever reason, they want to make everything so difficult for me. It's all unnecessary.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm sorry your feeling overwhelmed right now. Do you have any diagnosis?
Please see your dr as you sound very low and seem to be struggling to cope.
Life seems so unfair at times.
Hopefully with the right care you'll start to feel better.
Take care

T

Tiffanyann

I think you need a new insurance company for one and you need to look for new alternatives. Dentists can be changed, you've been going to the same place for a while but they might have changed policies that customers might not know about. Same with the insurance company. Also it's holiday season so people have a tendency to very lax with it comes to dealing with customers. I'm not saying that's a good excuse but sometimes that's just how it is. Some businesses just have a bad way of dealing with others. I would know, my job does. It's up to us employees to do all the heavy lifting because the managers refuse to work efficiently.

Also, you might be adding more pressure to yourself than needed. Give yourself a break. You're one person and you can't do everything. I know it might seem like a hard thing to do if you're used to handling things on your own.

unspoken-words

unspoken-words

I think you need a new insurance company for one and you need to look for new alternatives. Dentists can be changed, you've been going to the same place for a while but they might have changed policies that customers might not know about. Same with the insurance company. Also it's holiday season so people have a tendency to very lax with it comes to dealing with customers. I'm not saying that's a good excuse but sometimes that's just how it is. Some businesses just have a bad way of dealing with others. I would know, my job does. It's up to us employees to do all the heavy lifting because the managers refuse to work efficiently.

Also, you might be adding more pressure to yourself than needed. Give yourself a break. You're one person and you can't do everything. I know it might seem like a hard thing to do if you're used to handling things on your own.
Yes I also agree with Tiffany about not putting yourself in a position where you are adding pressure and stress to your life.

B

BlueDev

I'm feeling better now. I got through a few things and I decided to just put the whole thing about the dentist behind me. I think it is my dentist's office's fault that this is happening. I've had the same insurance company for years and they never caused a problem and the way they are charging me at the dentist's office has been a little different lately so they may have had a different policy on how they file with insurances and I think they hired someone new. So if they send me another bill again, then until they report me to some credit company then I'll just move along because this is between the insurance and my dentist. It's not my problem. Like my dad said, "don't sweat the small stuff." It's the dentist's responsibility to deal with the insurance because they're the ones who filed with them (or so they say). When I was on the phone with the lady, she said she'd email me proof that she refiled. I haven't got a thing. I just hope I don't get a letter from the credit company because I didn't pay. I got it once from a different doctor's office. So I'm worried about this happening again. Fortunately, the whole thing resolved easily before but I don't know about this time if I'm reported to the credit company.

Anyway, I'm quite sure I've been feeling like this for a while because of PMS. It's happened before too many times. I have a lot of trouble dealing with it. PMS just drives my hormones nuts! The physical symptoms are easier to handle because all you gotta do is take pain relievers and rest or something. It's the mental and emotional parts that's the hardest. I've read about getting support, resting, positive thinking, exercising, eating better to deal with it but when I go through this, I just want to eat junk and I don't feel like exercising though I know it's supposed to help. My hormones just want to prevent me to try and feel better. Once the blood flow really gets going then I feel a lot better emotionally and mentally so it's gotta be that. I know Midol is supposed to help the physical symptoms but I don't know about it controlling the hormones that affects me mentally and emotionally. It's hard once a month for a while because while I can't control the hormones, the hormones end up controlling ME!

I often feel stressed when I try to do so much which is natural but I also tend to do everything at once because I was raised to always stay on top of things and not forget about my responsibilities. So I didn't want to let things go because things might fall through the crack or I'll be looked at as not being responsible. I see how stressed I get when I do that but it's how I was raised mainly by my dad who always tell me to stay on top of things. Now he's saying "don't sweat the small stuff" so he's kinda contradicting himself for some reason lol. So it's a bit confusing.

Sorry if this is not appropriate to talk about it on this board. Maybe there's another board or a board needs to be developed that's particular for mental health relating to other kinds of health like women's health or something like that?

Last edited: