• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Feeling really lonely sice covid started

Y

Ydoc2012

I’ve been feeling very lonely and isolated since March when my college switched to online do to the pandemic. School was where I got nearly all social interaction. I really don’t have any meaningful conversations with anyone but family. I don’t have any friends to interact with. I’ve tried online things but I just end up getting frustrated because I feel no connection to anyone. I talked to a few guys since my college closed the campus. I haven’t talked to a girl since god knows when. I didn’t talk a lot in class but even sitting in silence by myself on campus was better than the past 6 months. I’m so frustrated because it’s pretty much keep trying stuff online or give up entirely. Anyone with any ideas feel free to comment thanks.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

These are trying times. I can’t imagine being young and having to deal with a pandemic.

I’m not one to give advice about socializing, but someone here may have ideas. I would think online would be the best option. If there s no social media for your school to meet new people maybe you could start one. :grouphug:

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Being lonely sometimes is normal but isolating yourself is different. You have to try your best to go adventuring and make each day count. I finished school years ago. Although it can be fulfilling maybe online classes will be a good break from any anxiety you feel or depression. Being alone scares me but being manic scares me too.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

These are stressful times for just about everyone. I know it's not much help, but you have a lot of company. I'm 66 years old and this last year has been one of the most challenging in my lifetime from an anxiety/depression/lonliness perspective. I hope next year will make up for it, for all of us.

T

treasurebox

You have to accept the ways of the new normal because of the pandemic. It will be good for you to adjust to it. Be content with online social connections for now. Better days are coming.

J

JCPraha

It is quite difficult and isolating. I do not know what the answer is. I am having difficult coping myself.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

We're all in the same boat right now. Look at this thread, we have comments from people in the Philippines, Portugal, USA, even Planet Mercury! Everyone is feeling similar. We'll get through this together. I think next year will be a much better situation. Everyone stay safe!