Feeling really alone, possibly triggering...

Iamsoconfused

Iamsoconfused

I decided to write this because I really am very lonely and have suffered on and off with depression since I was a kid. I have been having a very difficult time for a couple of years now and would like to see if I could talk to more people who experience these feelings.

The last couple of months have been very painful because my partner had to move back to his home country without me, due to health and financial problems we have here. I have been feeling very lost and struggling with the feelings. My emotions about it have been extremely overwhelming, yet he seems fine and everybody else I speak to, including my therapist just says go to groups like if socializing is going to fix it. I have never felt comfortable in group settings and can only handle it in small doses.

I am simply feeling so ignored and invisible. I don't know how it got to this point again. I have been having bad thoughts that I won't go into cause I'm not into stressing people here out. Just feeling really bad about myself and ideation kind of stuff. I feel alone.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,it is a horrible feeling to feel ignored and invisible
i feel that a lot ,hopefully being on here will help you
sending you lots of love and hugs
Lu x

C

Candy19

Loneliness is a triggering factor for me as well, to the point I will hurt myself and feel extremely suicidal because I realize I hardly have anyone in my life, let alone anyone who really cares about me

iamwilliam

iamwilliam

Loneliness is a triggering factor for me as well, to the point I will hurt myself and feel extremely suicidal because I realize I hardly have anyone in my life, let alone anyone who really cares about me
Loneliness can be such a crushing feeling , have you thought about dong some volunteer work ? , it can help you feel you are wanted and useful .

Iamsoconfused

Iamsoconfused

hi ,it is a horrible feeling to feel ignored and invisible
i feel that a lot ,hopefully being on here will help you
sending you lots of love and hugs
Lu x
Thank you Lu, I really appreciate you sending me lots of love. I hope this helps too. It did help a bit to put it here.

Iamsoconfused

Iamsoconfused

I feel like the people in my life don't care about my feelings, and sometimes it's making me wish I was dead. :(

T

Tom2202

I struggle every day with missing my ex and the love of my life, it is so upsetting. I am actively trying to meet someone else, doing the Internet dating thing, because I know that is key to finding some happiness but it's not really going anywhere.
One of the hard things is when people say, "you'll get over it" or "things will get easier" yet they never seem to.
I feel some days missing her so much is going to break me.

Iamsoconfused

Iamsoconfused

I struggle every day with missing my ex and the love of my life, it is so upsetting. I am actively trying to meet someone else, doing the Internet dating thing, because I know that is key to finding some happiness but it's not really going anywhere.
One of the hard things is when people say, "you'll get over it" or "things will get easier" yet they never seem to.
I feel some days missing her so much is going to break me.
Hi Tom, I really relate and it's very hard if not impossible for me to get over past relationships, and even changes in current ones. It feels like such a huge loss for me and people just do not understand. Sometimes it feels like my feelings are just way too intense for my relationships.

I hope that it gets easier with time, eventually it did get better for me to think about my ex boyfriend less but I still sometimes think about him a lot so I know what you mean.

I've had to rely less on my significant other for emotional support and connecting which is taking a toll on me too. It's very hard when you can't be with the one you love :(

T

Tom2202

Hi Tom, I really relate and it's very hard if not impossible for me to get over past relationships, and even changes in current ones. It feels like such a huge loss for me and people just do not understand. Sometimes it feels like my feelings are just way too intense for my relationships.

I hope that it gets easier with time, eventually it did get better for me to think about my ex boyfriend less but I still sometimes think about him a lot so I know what you mean.

I've had to rely less on my significant other for emotional support and connecting which is taking a toll on me too. It's very hard when you can't be with the one you love :(

I'm completely done with the situation.
I know there's nothing i can do about it, but that i'll also never get over this.
The one hope is meeting someone else, to see if that will work.
Worst thing is, there is an ocean between us, she's in Portugal and I'm in the UK, so it's not even possible to really see her to try and work it out.
I actually think if we could spend some time together and have some fun, there could be a chance, that she could rediscover her feelings for me, but due to my finances and all that stuff even that is impossible right now.
I'm thinking of going there, as a friend, later this summer if possible but it will take a lot of things to go my way.
She may have even have met someone else for all i know.

There's a line in a song i like which really resonates with me at the moment.

"You left my heart like an abandoned car, old and worn and no use at all."